Gerard Darel Syracuse, keep it?

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Hi Ladies, I am havign another moment of indecision. I bought the Gerard Darel Syracuse, the woolly one, at 40% off in the dark blue colour. It was a bit impulsive but I knew I had 2 weeks to return if I changed my mind. 12 days later I am still not sure. I have added a pic from the website. Mine is the dark dark blue. All opinions welcome. TIA.

Attachments

viba424

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
How much was it (sorry if thats forward - I just want to get an idea)
Do you genuinely like the color?

Its certainly not a "classic" style, but its pretty.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
It was 180 pounds reduced from 340. Its wooly so very different but I have never had a woolly bag so its hard to imagine where I will best use it.

viba424

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
If you love it, you can consider a nice addition to an eclectic collection. Not every bag you have needs to be "'safe". My only reservation would be if you got it only because of the name or only because it was on sale.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
If you love it, you can consider a nice addition to an eclectic collection. Not every bag you have needs to be "'safe". My only reservation would be if you got it only because of the name or only because it was on sale.
Thanks. I do like it but I am worried I will get bored of it. I tend to do this with a lot of bags. Before i got it I was crazy about it. Now I have it, I am not so sure...

alisonanna

O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
I think it's a great bag!
I had a wool bag and it pilled a little, like a sweater, where it rubbed
but this is probably better quality

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Thanks for the positive replies ladies. One of the plus points is DH loves it. He usually says ' oh another bag' but he was actually pleased with this one. I suppose it is quite different. I was hoping somebody who owns one might read this too as I am worried a bit about pilling...

Lau-Lau

May 19, 2009
It was 180 pounds reduced from 340. Its wooly so very different but I have never had a woolly bag so its hard to imagine where I will best use it.
Hi, may i ask where you bought the bag from and whether they had any others on sale? I really want a Gerard Darel bag!! :smile:

Hisgeekygrrrl

Dreamer of dreams
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Lau-Lau...there are several GD's on ebay and a few on bonanzle if you are wanting one. You can also check Annsfabulousfinds.com and there are a few online retailers for GD. (shoprumor.com Bagshop.com Clutchseatlle.com & Delcina.com )

dcblam

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
moi -
I think it's interesting, but it doesn't make me swoon!
granted, it's NOT ultra expensive - BUT it's still $ and if you're not sure - than best to pass.......you'll find something more fantastic that will sing to you.

Lau-Lau

May 19, 2009
Lau-Lau...there are several GD's on ebay and a few on bonanzle if you are wanting one. You can also check Annsfabulousfinds.com and there are a few online retailers for GD. (shoprumor.com Bagshop.com Clutchseatlle.com & Delcina.com )
Thank you Hisgeekygrrrl. I will have a look on those sites! :biggrin:

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
moi -
I think it's interesting, but it doesn't make me swoon!
granted, it's NOT ultra expensive - BUT it's still $ and if you're not sure - than best to pass.......you'll find something more fantastic that will sing to you.
dcblam! You caught me again, shopping away. The problem is, everyone I show it to loves it and thinks I am mad to return it. My sister is visiting tomorrow and she loves it in pics so I will show her IRL and be influneced by her...