General Reseller Market Fluctuations

Jul 3, 2023
For H veterans… the secondary market has dropped in price vs prior year, particularly for new kelly and birkins.
H secondary market value seems to fluctuate like the stock market :smile: for those who monitor the resale market…are we experiencing “historical lows” relative to resale vs. retail price, or is this just the start of settling back to pre pandemic norms before there was “hype” around Hermes?

PS. Not sure if there’s a better thread for this so feel free to re direct me

Reactions: spicy-obsession
For H veterans… the secondary market has dropped in price vs prior year, particularly for new kelly and birkins.
H secondary market value seems to fluctuate like the stock market :smile: for those who monitor the resale market…are we experiencing “historical lows” relative to resale vs. retail price, or is this just the start of settling back to pre pandemic norms before there was “hype” around Hermes?

PS. Not sure if there’s a better thread for this so feel free to re direct me
Prices are still significantly higher than pre-pandemic prices. I don't see them ever getting back to pre-covid levels unless we have a significant economic crisis where even the 1% feel it (or if H significantly changes the way they do business in some way, more production, easier to get bags, etc)

I agree that prices are still a lot higher than pre Covid or even a year or 2 before Covid. I purchased a Kelly 28cm black Togo with GHW in 2015 for 5k. Sigh :sad: I sold it in 2017 having no clue of what was to come. I do not think prices will ever get that low unless there is a severe economic crisis. I think prices are about as low as they will get give or take a few.

Prices are still high but with pre-spend required and rising prices at H, it’s still probably cheaper overall if there’s nothing else you want from H.

It would be hard for new or new condition bags to go back to pre covid levels because the price of bags has significantly increased since then.

Reactions: hermesandchanel
Thanks all, good insight as never lurked the reseller market prior to pandemic.

Good ‘ole days…reminds me of the ai stock market… H is like nvidia. A missed buy, prices soaring, slowing down and then dipping a bit but will never go back down to the pre-soar levels. Really wish I could go back in time and experience H for what it was before all of this hype.

I do wonder if the secondary market value/price could eventually tank, esp with exotics, if the newer generations rebel down the line. Generally speaking, their behaviors/actions are more transient… their tastes and lifestyle fluctuate more drastically and frequently. The demand for H can’t sustain, can it?

Also is it just me or are vintage bags increasing in price (relative to vintage bags) whilst the “new” condition bags are dropping??