Gave my gold Ali away!

pat222

O.G.
Feb 14, 2006
Pacific Northwest
I just wanted to share a quick story. I had bought a signature/gold ali and I've been staring at it, touching it, trying to love it.... But I just don't.

I had picked up a beautiful Soho stitched flap hobo at the outlet for a steal and was planning on giving it our daughter who is 22 & married and just got a promotion.

They came up today (we had to take them to the airport) so I had her prize. I decided at the last minute to let her pick between the black Soho and the gold Ali. She was so adorable, but I could tell she really loved the Ali but was worried that it was too expensive, not the one I originally picked for her, didn't want to hurt my feelings...

She FINALLY picked the Ali (carried them both to the airport trying to decide!) and I must say she looks so darn cute with it and now I am beyond happy. The Ali has a good home, it so fits her style & fun personality and it is not a bag she has money to buy.

Guess I'll have to keep the Soho :rolleyes: oh darn.

Anyway, thanks for letting me tell my story and it felt so good to share!

fieldsinspring

Smiling :)
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
oh what a sweet mom you are!!!! :tender: That is such a nice gesture and I am sure you made your daughters' day!!! :tup:

TnC

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥
O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
you are so sweet to give your daughter that beautiful bag. i'm so jealous.

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Awww!!! That is so very sweet of you and you will be able to love it every time you see it on your daughter!!! I bet she was thrilled and hopefully very appreciative!

queenmab

Reach for the sun
Sep 25, 2006
Pacific NW
That is the BEST story! :girlsigh:What a great mom you are. You know she's going to appreciate that Ali & it's a bonus that you love the Soho too.

donnalynn11

Jul 25, 2007
Yay!! Thats such a "Mom" thing to do - let them pick the one they want. Your daughter sounds cute too for trying to not pick the $$ one. I'm glad she got the one she really wanted, and everytime she wears it she'll think of you and :smile:.

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
That is a really nice story! You are a very sweet person and wonderful mom!! I bet your daughter is so thrilled, and I think it's also very sweet she was too shy to pick the one she really wanted. I also agree with you about the bag...I picked the gold sig Ali up at Nordstrom Rack and was going to buy it, and then I asked myself why when I wasn't feeling it either! I put it back for someone else to buy and love.

Mokey

Is trying to behave
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
That is awesome! I bet she will cherish it for a very long time. What a way to kick off a promotion and new life! That was wonderful of you.:flowers: