Gathering of H resellers in Shinjuku, Tokyo

LTC, you are so sweet to post the photos! What any amazing number of H bags! I imagine at a gathering like that, putting the bags in plastic was the easiest/best way to keep them clean while on display. If memory serves me, the resale stores do keep them on shelves and behind glass.

LTC, hope you dun mind enlightening me - in such event like this OR even at regular reseller shops - shld we expect to pay slightly below, almost similar to current store price OR over-current retail price for a brand new/or almost new hermes bag (eg: kelly, birkin, constance etc)?

Prices in Japan....that's not an easy question to answer. IMHO, resell shops in Ginza are very very expensive. If you venture outside of these prime areas, there are bargains to be found. To date, I have helped a few friends and relatives purchase their dream bag at prices much below retail. IOW, the prices listed in your magazines could be real steals.

I keep coming back to the same question -- where do all these H resellers get these bags (assuming that they are authentic)??!?

I don't really know where all the bags are from, but I do know that Japan accounts for 25+% of H's total sales with the bulk of these purchases being Kellys and Birkins. In other words, Japan is a dream for resellers.

You could head to Shinjuku this weekend, but this place is a zoo or a campus surplus shop as Merika has rightly pointed out.

LTC, you are so sweet to post the photos! What any amazing number of H bags! I imagine at a gathering like that, putting the bags in plastic was the easiest/best way to keep them clean while on display. If memory serves me, the resale stores do keep them on shelves and behind glass.

As you know, I try to share all my tokyo H experiences with my tpf sisters and brothers. I was a little hesitant with this thread at the beginning:s. I don't want to come across as a promoter of resellers. I love shopping at the H boutiques and I strongly encourage all my friends to do so.

And yes, you are correct. All the reputable resellers I have visited keep their bags on the shelves behind glass. This event is an exception to this rule as it is a gathering outside of the resellers' regular store. IOW, they have limited time to set up their booth/displays for their bags.

Oh my, I actually have never heard of this gathering....

I keep coming back to the same question -- where do all these H resellers get these bags (assuming that they are authentic)??!?

LeMonde du Voyage in Paris etc sells to the Japanese resellers. The owner once explained to me that he has a VVIP friend to purchase or SO from the store and she got a commission. He in turns pockets a nice pocket margin before shipping them off to Japan. Birkins hardly ever get displayed in his store as they're pre-sold to the resellers.

Prices in Japan....that's not an easy question to answer. IMHO, resell shops in Ginza are very very expensive. If you venture outside of these prime areas, there are bargains to be found. To date, I have helped a few friends and relatives purchase their dream bag at prices much below retail. IOW, the prices listed in your magazines could be real steals.

thanks for that info - it was definitely helpful. :tup:

now you have gotten me thinking if i need to visit tokyo someday very soon... lol :drool:

Wow, wished I was there so I can get one....its so hard to even get ONE birkin here :crybaby:

I am going to Tokyo in January, can anyone please advise me where to get a Birkin there? Can I get it in retail stores or need to go to a reseller store? Where are the reseller stores?

Any input much appreciated! Thanks