Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Yesterday we had our koi pond service out the net on for winter (they do in fall before the mad rush of leaves fall in it. I'm thrilled to report all our our koi survived [emoji4]this season (none were taken by predator like the blue heron we've seen)A before pic of them swimming happy & they still have fun with protective net on ( it just looks ugly!) Also, dogwood foliage/berries & a happy, busy critter in rose bush that just refuses to stop blooming [emoji4]IMG_1475571708.070374.jpgIMG_1475571719.924407.jpgIMG_1475571736.725722.jpgIMG_1475571752.440028.jpgIMG_1475571764.662677.jpgIMG_1475571776.047495.jpg

Yesterday we had our koi pond service out the net on for winter (they do in fall before the mad rush of leaves fall in it. I'm thrilled to report all our our koi survived [emoji4]this season (none were taken by predator like the blue heron we've seen)A before pic of them swimming happy & they still have fun with protective net on ( it just looks ugly!) Also, dogwood foliage/berries & a happy, busy critter in rose bush that just refuses to stop blooming [emoji4]View attachment 3483665View attachment 3483667View attachment 3483671View attachment 3483674View attachment 3483677View attachment 3483679

Thanks for the orchid compliment, Kendie! [emoji8] I am hoping some of your success with indoor blooms, rubs off on me! [emoji2]

What a smart idea to cover the Koi pond to prevent all the leaves from falling in! [emoji262]Happy that they all survived!

Lovely pics, Kendie! That is one happy rose bush! [emoji257]

Reactions: Kendie26
Thanks for the orchid compliment, Kendie! [emoji8] I am hoping some of your success with indoor blooms, rubs off on me! [emoji2]

What a smart idea to cover the Koi pond to prevent all the leaves from falling in! [emoji262]Happy that they all survived!

Lovely pics, Kendie! That is one happy rose bush! [emoji257]
Thanks kindly dear Mimmy! Yes the pond net serves a few purposes...for me it offers great relief from my daily stress worrying about the heron coming by to eat the koi. Makes me sick to even type that! And the rose bush amazes me as I do absolutely nothing to it (no fertilizing, no extra watering, nothing at all & she puts out these fab blooms nonstop)

nothing better than these lush fall foliage colors....just stunning Ludmilla!

Thank you, Kendie. :smile:

Yesterday we had our koi pond service out the net on for winter (they do in fall before the mad rush of leaves fall in it. I'm thrilled to report all our our koi survived [emoji4]this season (none were taken by predator like the blue heron we've seen)A before pic of them swimming happy & they still have fun with protective net on ( it just looks ugly!) Also, dogwood foliage/berries & a happy, busy critter in rose bush that just refuses to stop blooming [emoji4]View attachment 3483665View attachment 3483667View attachment 3483671View attachment 3483674View attachment 3483677View attachment 3483679

It's always so relaxing to see your Koi pond. And the flowers are such happy pops of colour.

Reactions: Kendie26
Hello ladies! Thank you for sharing so many pretty pictures. We have not much new in our garden. Autumn is coming... The geraniums and roses are fading out.

Here are some fall foliage pics for frick&frack. I took then last year. This year everything is still green.

I saw those on my way to the train station.
And another one featuring our neighbour's fence.
And a bush I saw while walking the dog.
^thank you! You had such beautiful color last year. I hope this year is just as beautiful. I can't wait to see pics.

My cane begonia in full bloom. I've had her for 11 years..
^shes gorgeous! It's obvious that she's loved.

Hi frick&frack! I do not use the ice method to water my orchids, but I do put the pots in the sink once weekly when they are inside and totally saturate the roots. I let the water drain completely, before putting them back into a decorative pot. If I do this the blooms can last 2 to 3 months.
My DH bought this. I guess he heard me lamenting my lack of blooming orchids. [emoji3]
^yep, my mom has the same luck.

How sweet of your DH! I love purple phalaeonopsis.

I got an orchid arrangement for my mom today. I'll post a pic.

Yesterday we had our koi pond service out the net on for winter (they do in fall before the mad rush of leaves fall in it. I'm thrilled to report all our our koi survived [emoji4]this season (none were taken by predator like the blue heron we've seen)A before pic of them swimming happy & they still have fun with protective net on ( it just looks ugly!) Also, dogwood foliage/berries & a happy, busy critter in rose bush that just refuses to stop blooming [emoji4]
^YAY for all the koi! Night night my chunky fish friends. Stay cozy over winter.

You have dogwood? I think they're the most beautiful trees all four seasons. Can't wait to see the flowers in spring.

Ah that beautiful rose...what a treat.

I posted a Pandanus bloom about 6 months ago. They are not very common and another bloom is present, so I thought that I would post this one too!
^huh, is that what that's called? I think I might have 2 of those. I just hacked them in prep for the storm. Do they have sharp leaves? I need to google.

^YAY for all the koi! Night night my chunky fish friends. Stay cozy over winter.

You have dogwood? I think they're the most beautiful trees all four seasons. Can't wait to see the flowers in spring.

^huh, is that what that's called? I think I might have 2 of those. I just hacked them in prep for the storm. Do they have sharp leaves? I need to google.

It's more commonly called a screw pine or screw palm, although it is not in the palm family. I thought Pandamus sounded better! [emoji6]The leaves are sharp, frick&frack.

Stay safe!

[emoji1327]frick&frack-yes we have dogwoods & I agree w/you-prettiest trees around! Right now the leaves have changed to gorgeous autumn colors & the berries they put out are a total feeding frenzy for the birds- I saw numerous robins all over them yesterday, eating away. Here's a pick I took in springtime when they were in bloom ( so you don't have to wait to see flowering dogwood!) There are 2 dogwoods near steps that you take to get down to koi pond... & yes, sleep tight all winter dear koi family! [emoji226]
Your orchid for your mom is gorgeous! A most classy, elegant gift. Whenever I'm in doubt of a gift idea I tend to buy a white phalenopsis orchid like that. IMG_1475746084.940284.jpg