Garda or Cesta?

Not too late at all — I’m thinking of buying this bag for my birthday in May, so I have time to think about it! That’s good to know about the handle. Thanks for writing back!

Much welcome. To speed up the stretching/softening, I recommend putting heavy things inside for the first few weeks - I did not do this on purpose, but I carried my laptop inside my Atlantic Garda for the first few weeks and it really speed up the softening/stretching! It is so smoosh by now!

Much welcome. To speed up the stretching/softening, I recommend putting heavy things inside for the first few weeks - I did not do this on purpose, but I carried my laptop inside my Atlantic Garda for the first few weeks and it really speed up the softening/stretching! It is so smoosh by now!

Thanks. Actually, my concern is that it will stretch too much. I love the intrecciato leather, but don’t love bags that collapse into a shapeless puddle, so I’m trying to find a bag with a little bit of structure to mitigate the smooshiness.

Thanks. Actually, my concern is that it will stretch too much. I love the intrecciato leather, but don’t love bags that collapse into a shapeless puddle, so I’m trying to find a bag with a little bit of structure to mitigate the smooshiness.

Ow! We are opposite! Have you considered the chain tote? That has more structure to it. Garda does not collapsed into shapeless puddle because the edge is quite thick and the magnet in the middle keep them together. But my chain tote maintains the shape better if you like something more structured.

Ow! We are opposite! Have you considered the chain tote? That has more structure to it. Garda does not collapsed into shapeless puddle because the edge is quite thick and the magnet in the middle keep them together. But my chain tote maintains the shape better if you like something more structured.

I actually have the small Chain Tote! And I do love it, but also really like the Garda with the ability to pull the strap throughout and wear it either single or double. I like some smoosh, just want the bag to be able to stand up when I put it down. It sounds like the Garda will do that, at least.

The Garda won’t puddle but it will lean a bit. My New Sand Garda is fabulously soft but still stands even though it has a slight lean.

Our Phiomega is convincing me I should get another. I had Atlantic, Nero and Tangerine and slowly rehomed them. But having one doesn’t seem quite right since it is my favorite style!

I actually have the small Chain Tote! And I do love it, but also really like the Garda with the ability to pull the strap throughout and wear it either single or double. I like some smoosh, just want the bag to be able to stand up when I put it down. It sounds like the Garda will do that, at least.

Oh yes - that’s not a problem at all - she can stand up nicely! Let me try to take pic of my Atlantic a bit later to give you a feel...

Reactions: catsinthebag
Our Phiomega is convincing me I should get another. I had Atlantic, Nero and Tangerine and slowly rehomed them. But having one doesn’t seem quite right since it is my favorite style!

Seemed like I have acquire a decent ‘enabling ability’ [emoji16].... I am with you on ‘having one doesn’t seem quite right’... Garda is also beautiful because it shows the intrecciato without distraction - such a great simplistic canvas to display deep BV colors....

Bumping my own thread to ask if any of you have mod shots of a broken-in Garda bag ... I know the strap will stretch and the top will soften, but I’m having trouble picturing how this will look/hang/feel. As you can see, the boutique-fresh one hasn’t developed any drop — this is over my shoulder on a single strap and it’s still pretty short! Even a shot of it hanging on a doorknob will help if you’re shy about mod shots! Thanks in advance ...

6373F0BF-50B1-442A-ADA2-85BC16DCE687.jpeg

Reactions: Doncaster42
If I may chime in, I bought the mini Cesta a couple of months ago. It is my weekend bag when I carry a little less. i carry it with the sides open. I must say I absolutely love it. I am now planning to get the medium one for work.

I have tried the Garda at the store a couple of times, but am not sure it is for me. Looking at all the input posted here, Garda seems to win your hearts. @Phiomega your Atlantic Garda is so pretty. I am thinking of getting something in this color too. I remember you have a couple of bags in this color?

Reactions: Phiomega
If I may chime in, I bought the mini Cesta a couple of months ago. It is my weekend bag when I carry a little less. i carry it with the sides open. I must say I absolutely love it. I am now planning to get the medium one for work.

I have tried the Garda at the store a couple of times, but am not sure it is for me. Looking at all the input posted here, Garda seems to win your hearts. @Phiomega your Atlantic Garda is so pretty. I am thinking of getting something in this color too. I remember you have a couple of bags in this color?

Thank you! I have two Garda - the other one is Moss green. Atlantic has a great chameleon quality to it - in some lights it is darker, in others it seemed to light up.

I am actually now planning to get a Cesta but have yet to find the right color, and I want the medium one. the Mini is so nice BTW - which color did you have? I just check out the Mini at the boutique last week - the ones they have is the runway collection - it is so pretty but the color is ‘not me’ (I don’t do pastel tone very well - they have the salmon pink and light purple).

Thank you! I have two Garda - the other one is Moss green. Atlantic has a great chameleon quality to it - in some lights it is darker, in others it seemed to light up.

I am actually now planning to get a Cesta but have yet to find the right color, and I want the medium one. the Mini is so nice BTW - which color did you have? I just check out the Mini at the boutique last week - the ones they have is the runway collection - it is so pretty but the color is ‘not me’ (I don’t do pastel tone very well - they have the salmon pink and light purple).

I have the mini in black. Do you mean the little butterfly Cesta? I saw and tried that one in light blue and Dahlia. But I am same, I don't prefer pastel. It is too cute to use also. ;)