Gap jeans or premium jeans?

how about a new pair of ankle hugging short boots? so the jeans you already own could get a different styling?:graucho:
from what I've seen in stores - and just now looking online - it seems there are more loose booties than ankle hugging but there are some tight ones out there....hard to be sure from photos online

do you have a keeper?
these are R&B Cigarette jeans I have mentioned above:
https://www.rag-bone.com/womens/jea...?cgid=women-jeans&categoryfrom=women#start=13

After all the Internet fashion experts saying you have to wear your jeans rolled up higher than your boots, I'm glad to see pics like this one. I like Yolanda's jeans over boots.
upload_2017-12-10_7-14-4.png

she can do that because her boots fit her very snugly at the ankle.
well I don't know where these actresses get their boots but I was at Bloomies, NR, Macy's.....could not find any

of course she has a lot more money/stylist, etc but anyway.....most of the boots I see are looser and a lot of them have buckles, etc.
I tried on one pair of cole haan. they had two zippers - one on each side - and were till loose.

Last edited:
well I don't know where these actresses get their boots but I was at Bloomies, NR, Macy's.....could not find any

of course she has a lot more money/stylist, etc but anyway.....most of the boots I see are looser and a lot of them have buckles, etc.
I tried on one pair of cole haan. they had two zippers - one on each side - and were till loose.

Have you tried Chelsea boots? they are quite snug around the ankle.
Also, & Other Stories has a nice selection of ankle boots under 200$:
https://www.stories.com/us/Shoes/Boots

0497422001_1_100011.jpg

0516969002_1_100020.jpg

0399327001_1_100020.jpg

0527219001_1_100011.jpg

0497416001_1_100020.jpg

Reactions: Pollie-Jean
Have you tried Chelsea boots? they are quite snug around the ankle.
Also, & Other Stories has a nice selection of ankle boots under 200$:
https://www.stories.com/us/Shoes/Boots

0497422001_1_100011.jpg

0516969002_1_100020.jpg

0399327001_1_100020.jpg

0527219001_1_100011.jpg

0497416001_1_100020.jpg
thanks.....are any of these available at BNM stores? I like a two to three inch heel. I have to try shoes on. Want them to be wearable for hours. I wear a lot of Born; they're really comfortable for me. But I don't think they have any that are tight on the ankle.

Reactions: Faith2
thanks.....are any of these available at BNM stores? I like a two to three inch heel. I have to try shoes on. Want them to be wearable for hours. I wear a lot of Born; they're really comfortable for me. But I don't think they have any that are tight on the ankle.
You would have to check their website if there are any stores in your area.

she can do that because her boots fit her very snugly at the ankle.
these are cheap faux suede. The fit the bill for tight snug around the ankle and feel pretty comfortable walking around the house. The heel height is right for me.
I bought black and blue. These are the blue ones. I'm not really worried about wear and tear as they cost so little. But the last time I bought a pair of cheap boots I ended up not wearing them much. I think it was partly because I knew they were cheap and it affected they way I felt about them.
upload_2017-12-13_8-56-35.png

these are cheap faux suede. The fit the bill for tight snug around the ankle and feel pretty comfortable walking around the house. The heel height is right for me.
I bought black and blue. These are the blue ones. I'm not really worried about wear and tear as they cost so little. But the last time I bought a pair of cheap boots I ended up not wearing them much. I think it was partly because I knew they were cheap and it affected they way I felt about them.
View attachment 3906749

they look good. I hope you will wear them.

they look good. I hope you will wear them.
the first two times I wore the blue boots, they were ok - not super comfortable but not bad
third time I wore them they hurt me feet a lot......so I can wear them for short outings but definitely not when I'm going to be walking......funny thing is the day they really hurt me, they started hurting shortly after I put them on. and I was sitting down
Oh well, not surprised with cheap shoes...

Reactions: green.bee
do you wear your 501s tight? I know a woman who wears these old school jeans and looks great. But she's tall and slender with long legs and her jeans are tight - looks like they're tailored to her. Seems to me that 100 percent cotton that tight would be hard to get into?
Levis now makes 501 slim fit - I love them! Little bit tight in the waist (my problem) but nice slim legs. If they have been on sale for Xmas I'm not sure what sizes you will find but I like them. Though I'm not a fan of button fly I put up with it.

Reactions: sdkitty
not my very favorite, but these are short ankle boots that have narrow openings. I do find that Zara often make great styled booties with narrow top but you will have to check back and pay attention to quality and material to select what you want. it's fast fashion after all, but if you are careful and know how to look, can find some really outstanding pieces that are quite good for the price and quite acceptable quality.
https://www.zara.com/us/en/mid-heel-leather-ankle-boots-p15111201.html?v1=4705521&v2=734178
https://www.zara.com/us/en/flat-leather-ankle-boots-with-zip-p16120201.html?v1=4698006&v2=734178

On jeans, I do love Paige jeans, 7 are ok on some styles, and recently obsessed and hence purchased every color/style they have at White house black market (of all places - surprised myself), but they are more pencil ankle jeans at perfect length with great stretch and I personally really love the stretch, fit and look of them. On lower price brands, I prefer the fit and styling of American Eagle vs. Gap (you'll see lots of women loitering around the jeans area of that store, many dressed stylishly and I've in the past often wonder what they were doing in a "teenage" girls store but after investigating and trying things on myself, i realize they're mainly there for the jeans! :P