Gap black pants ad

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I've been seeing the current ad campaign in magazines for the Gap where they show several styles of black pants. They look very appealing. Has anyone checked these out or tried them on?
I kind of figure they are not going to be as great IRL and on a non-model but the pics look great.

I was skeptical too, since the girls have mile long legs. Until, I decided to try them on. I ended up purchasing:
Modern Boot - in black, navy and gray. Sizing, I went down to a 4L (I'm usually a 6/8 in Gap pants). I chose Long because I tend to wear 4-5" heels to work and these fit perfecty with them
True straight in gray. I went got these in a 6R.

The quality is great, lightweight, but heavy enough to still wear in the fall/winter months.

They didn't work for my body type (I tried on all the styles). The 2s were a bit loose (too much fabric in the crotch area) and the 0s were unpleasantly tight. I also found that the longs weren't all that long - I wear a 35" with flats, though.

I am very 'column' shaped, and I imagine these pants would fit curvier girls better.

^^ which styles did you try on?

I'm not curvy. The only ones that didn't work were the Curvy Fit. I do agree with the extra fabric, which is why I had to go down in sizes.