galliera ? stresa?

brahh, THANK YOU for your response.....that's exactly the info I needed. It would drive me batty. Several years ago I had to return a denim bag for just that reason, a flopping buckle that constantly hit my hand, got in the way when I was trying to get things out of the bag. Galliera #2 is on my wish list and Stressa is scratched off!

I had the same dilemma recently, Galliera or Stresa, I think both are beautiful purses. I do however think the Galliera looks better & is more comfortable to carry.

The 2nd strap of the Stresa always seems to slip off my shoulder & it looks kinda bulky from the front. I like how the Stresa zips close, how it looks really classy from the side & like another member said, how not that many people have it, whereas you see the Galliera everywhere.

The Galliera on the otherhand gets this weird bend in the middle of the purse when I carry it that I dunno how to prevent (any tips anyone). But it looks super chic. It was the purse I ended up choosing.

Both purses are high maintenance in my opinion as they both have a lot of vachetta. The flap on the Stressa on display at LV was already scratched up, big turn off. Then you hear people complaining about the black marks from the rings on the Galliera.

In the end it is up to what style you prefer. Hope this helps.

Wow, seems like this is a popular duo to choose from. I had previously started a post and poll asking the same thing, with the addition of the artsy and sistina. Based on the poll and my daily uses for the purse, I decided that I will be purchasing a Galliera. In addition, the pics of Ashley Tisdale with her Mono Galliera played an impact on my decision. I just think that the Galliera is a look that is here to stay, whereas (for me at least) the Stresa will end up getting old for me. I do have an Azur Neverfull GM that I just can't put down. I really do think a Galliera is just one of those items that have a lasting look and will be around for awhile. Hope that helps!! :biggrin:

I bought the Stresa in azur and found the flap to be a PITA! It wouldn't stay back, always slapping back over (hitting my hand, hitting the hardware, etc.). I returned Stresa, do not like it.

Love Galliera. In 5-6 years if the plate looks REALLY bad, it can be replaced for around $60. I don't consider, in 5-6 years, that to be a major deal.

Wow! :wtf: I was right. I find these 'over-the-top' belted buckles to be knuckle rappers. I have a knapsack that did this to me and each time I cursed :rant: in front of the shocked public. :shocked: I learned my lesson early.

I am glad you returned it and found something less knuckle numbing. :biggrin:

the buckle flopping over bothered me at first, but after a few times I kind of figured out how to stick my arm in front of it or how to open it so that it wouldn't flop back so quickly. At first I did hate that though. And most of the time I just leave it unzipped and just buckle it. You can reach in fairly easily and then don't have to worry about the buckle. I guess i just think the stresa is so gorgeous. but the galliera was wonderful too!

@Caroliny---about that crease. have you thought of using a purse organizer in your bag to give it a bit more shape? It may prevent a crease? I just got the jumbo purse to go organizer on pursebling and love it (I have the gm sizes of the galliera and stresa). And the best part is it works in both of the bags. I find it helps give them a lot more shape so they dont squish down. maybe that would work?

oooh, interesting. i didn't know stressa had this concern. it looked great on you though, i still remember your modeling picture. shame the flap can be pita, such a gorgeous bag...

I bought the Stresa in azur and found the flap to be a PITA! It wouldn't stay back, always slapping back over (hitting my hand, hitting the hardware, etc.). I returned Stresa, do not like it.

Love Galliera. In 5-6 years if the plate looks REALLY bad, it can be replaced for around $60. I don't consider, in 5-6 years, that to be a major deal.

Wow! :wtf: I was right. I find these 'over-the-top' belted buckles to be knuckle rappers. I have a knapsack that did this to me and each time I cursed :rant: in front of the shocked public. :shocked: I learned my lesson early.

I am glad you returned it and found something less knuckle numbing. :biggrin:

I should have listened to you, T-Girl! Stresa is a very striking bag, IMO. But, my list of things that I don't like about it are long! The "slapping flap", the thin straps with one that always slides off, the inside has such thin lining that there's just no structure to the bag.