Gabourey Sidibe

So she's an emotional eater? I think she should get some help for that and start taking better care of herself. She clearly has a beautiful spirit and is a talented actress but I think she should have more respect for her body.

She is relishing in the success of her new hit show Empire.

But perhaps Gabourey Sidibe is also enjoying a new romance as well.

The 31-year-old actress was spotted out and about with a mystery man in the Studio City neighbourhood of Los Angeles on Monday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...joys-outing-mystery-man-LA.html#ixzz3Uga6j5xV

The guy she is with in these photos looks like the actor who played the son of the redhead in desperate housewives. Does anyone know who I am talking about? Is that him?

So she's an emotional eater? I think she should get some help for that and start taking better care of herself. She clearly has a beautiful spirit and is a talented actress but I think she should have more respect for her body.

How do you know she doesn't respect her body? We have no idea what she may or may not be doing in terms of getting healthier both mentally and physically. Given her speech, it will be a long road for her, she's doesn't appear to be an emotional eater as much as she was mentally/emotionally abused and turned to food for comfort. To assume she doesn't respect her body or that anyone her size doesn't respect their body seems to be narrow, IMO, as they, like anyone else, are a product of their life experiences.

How do you know what kind of respect she has for her body or what care she takes of herself? You're not calling her names, but this kind of talk is still fat shaming.

How do you know she doesn't respect her body? We have no idea what she may or may not be doing in terms of getting healthier both mentally and physically. Given her speech, it will be a long road for her, she's doesn't appear to be an emotional eater as much as she was mentally/emotionally abused and turned to food for comfort. To assume she doesn't respect her body or that anyone her size doesn't respect their body seems to be narrow, IMO, as they, like anyone else, are a product of their life experiences.

What I do respect about her, is that she is not one of those celeb plus size women who claim they LOVE being a big girl, then turn around and loose a ton of weight. That drives me nuts.

It's not easy losing weight - even a much smaller amount. But she is morbidly obese and it's not healthy. I don't see the need for her to get to be a size 8 or 10 but if she could even get down to 200 pounds it would be a lot healthier for her.
Self- acceptance is good but I'm sure any doctor would tell her she has a shorter life expectancy if she keeps all this weight on.

She's awesome! And I personally hate the "she's [insert positive adjective], she she still needs to lose weight for her health" comments.

Well it's an unfortunate truth that her lifespan is significantly reduced due to the amount of weight she's carrying. Hate it or not, her health is not in a good place given her level of obesity. She doesn't have to become skinny but getting to a place where she can mitigate her current health risks will be beneficial to her living past 50 or 60. It will not be easy for her and I don't know what she does about her weight presently but she does need to do something.