Gabby Pouch crossbody help please!

Oaks Lily

Sep 5, 2020
I’m new to YSL. I purchased 2 Gabby pouch crossbody bags, one in white and the other in black from the YSL website. The black was a gift to my sister. We were trying the bags on and comparing when I noticed the white bag appeared to be bigger than the black. I measure both bags and indeed the white one is larger than the black bag.

I compared those measurements to the YSL website description and neither bag actually matches advertised measurements!!! I’m shocked because YSL is a luxury brand…how could the measurement of both bags differ from the posted website measurements???

I have Chanel, Gucci & Prada bags and never encountered this issue.

For reference, my white bag is 1/2 inch bigger in width than the website states and the black bag is 1/2 inches smaller in length than the website description. I’m going to contact YSL tomorrow.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue with YSL? Or other quality issues?
Please let me know, thanks.

We both really like the bags as they are a great small crossbody that fits phone, card holder, keys & sunglasses but the size issue is really bizarre for a luxury brand. Adding a pic from the website for reference.

E9384EF0-3273-4803-98A9-95D30B3384CB.png

09C0EAF4-A940-47C4-ADBE-979B63CA7229.png

Reactions: Beccalynette
Oh wow I have never heard of that. I wonder if they are starting to increase the size slightly for a new version they are rolling out. Sometimes certain color ways receive the update before others. It doesn’t really sound like that but it’s the only reason that I can think of. Please let us know what they say and would love to see real life photos of these cuties!

Oh wow I have never heard of that. I wonder if they are starting to increase the size slightly for a new version they are rolling out. Sometimes certain color ways receive the update before others. It doesn’t really sound like that but it’s the only reason that I can think of. Please let us know what they say and would love to see real life photos of these cuties!
I called Saint Laurent CS today and they said the bags are handmade which is why the dimensions can vary slightly. They are also different seasons, black is spring 2023 & white is summer 2023 so that could account for the variance also.
I’ll guess I’ll consider the explanation reasonable because I really like the bag and the lambskin is nice plus it’s perfect for what I wanted for a summer mini bag.
It’s not that I doubted the authenticity just surprised at the variance. Also, I remeasured the black and it does actually match the website dimensions my mistake however the white is still bigger.

Sorry for the long post again..Here’s real life photos- the white is a bit bigger.

1FCD53E4-FCF6-4B1E-BA2D-0A390208A287.jpeg

D42642FD-1B7F-4E27-B1DD-0E25D99EC281.jpeg

70847DD9-E935-4888-83B0-755E19E7BEAC.jpeg

I called Saint Laurent CS today and they said the bags are handmade which is why the dimensions can vary slightly. They are also different seasons, black is spring 2023 & white is summer 2023 so that could account for the variance also.
I’ll guess I’ll consider the explanation reasonable because I really like the bag and the lambskin is nice plus it’s perfect for what I wanted for a summer mini bag.
It’s not that I doubted the authenticity just surprised at the variance. Also, I remeasured the black and it does actually match the website dimensions my mistake however the white is still bigger.

Sorry for the long post again..Here’s real life photos- the white is a bit bigger.

View attachment 5757225

View attachment 5757226

View attachment 5757227
Ah that sounds reasonable. Especially if you bought it from Saint Laurent - I would rest assured that you are ok. Omg I love the black! I don’t have anything in YSL lamb skin but that would be so pretty! I’m a sucker for mini crossbody bags!

View attachment 5757225

View attachment 5757226

View attachment 5757227
Can you post a what fits inside? :smile:

View attachment 5757225

View attachment 5757226

View attachment 5757227
Are you still liking this bag? I’m thinking of picking up the white one for summer.

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys
I just purchased this bag in black yesterday! I measured mine and it matches the site measurements - interesting that you found the white one to be bigger.

Regardless of that, this bag is just so perfect. I feel like people are really sleeping on this one! It's small, yes, but the soft lambskin and leather lining allows it to expand nicely. I can fit my phone, keys, lip balm, and cardholder with no issues. It looks like a little vintage bag which is what drew me to it in the first place. So glad I snatched one up!

20230623_161254.jpg20230623_162022.jpg

Are you still liking this bag? I’m thinking of picking up the white one for summer.
Apologies for not responding more timely, I really loved the white bag this summer! Perfect crossbody and can really fit a lot for a small bag. I have a Chanel WOC & mini rectangle in black lamb but still intend to add the black Gaby to my wardrobe because I loved the white one so much this summer.

I just purchased this bag in black yesterday! I measured mine and it matches the site measurements - interesting that you found the white one to be bigger.

Regardless of that, this bag is just so perfect. I feel like people are really sleeping on this one! It's small, yes, but the soft lambskin and leather lining allows it to expand nicely. I can fit my phone, keys, lip balm, and cardholder with no issues. It looks like a little vintage bag which is what drew me to it in the first place. So glad I snatched one up!

View attachment 5808582View attachment 5808585
Bag looks good on you, happy you love your bag too. My white bag was perfect for summer!