Furla Metropolis mini: calling all owners

Hi!

I have 4 metropolis (can't help it, they make it in so many colours!) - moonstone, black, printed mask (thats the colour listed on farfetch) and dolomia. I love love love this bag - it is cute, functional and at a super friendly price point. I happen to find it very flattering as well (I am 5'6). Its small so I cant carry much so I do find it very comfortable to wear it for many hours. The leather is pretty carefree as well. No colour transfers so far. The hardware can be scratched though - my dolomia ended up being a toddler's new toy and she scratched it against a semi-rough surface :sad: - so just be careful there.

Hi mini metropolis owners. This bag is in my wishlist and I'm wondering is the hardware gold or silver? I just looked at Poshmark and one of the descriptions said silver but the pictures looked gold. The seller said it's the lighting but I looked at the website and it doesn't say anything about the hardware being gold or silver. Another Poshmark listing said the hardware is a light gold that can pass as silver. So which is it? Does he bag come in both options? TIA!

Hi mini metropolis owners. This bag is in my wishlist and I'm wondering is the hardware gold or silver? I just looked at Poshmark and one of the descriptions said silver but the pictures looked gold. The seller said it's the lighting but I looked at the website and it doesn't say anything about the hardware being gold or silver. Another Poshmark listing said the hardware is a light gold that can pass as silver. So which is it? Does he bag come in both options? TIA!

Hi Carricca! [emoji112] The hardwear is a true gold, but in some lightning especially the strap appears to look more silverish. All the regular colors come with the gold hardware - I think I only saw some special edition in spring with silver hardware.

Reactions: carricca
I recently bought a mini metropolis in coral. I was looking for its key and leather key pouch. The SA said that the newer season models do not have key and leather key pouch anymore. I saw one bright pink with a key and leather key pouch.

She said my coral bag is from 2017 spring/summer season, while the bright pink one is older and was from 2016 fall/winter season. That's why the bright pink one still had a key and key pouch.

Is that right? Anybody who has a coral pink metropolis?

It's my first time to buy from that particular Furla store.

I just ordered a black body and champagne flap from Gilt. I've been contemplating this for weeks, looking for a sale, eBay, etc., and a 30% off code popped into my email today. Yeah! I love the idea of the interchangeable flaps. Need it for an evening bag (I can't do a clutch, and it looks like an iPhone+ will fit this.) I hate the idea of buying a really nice bag for possibly one use, and the idea of different flaps really extends the usability. Looks like there have been some really nice/different ones on the past, but the current selection is kind of limited. Wondering how often they come out with new ones. Those of you that have the inter. bags, where do you find flaps? Furla has some, Farfetch has 1, Forzieri sells the base and flap together.

Hi guys! Thanks to all the great feedback from this thread I took the plunge and got it in black and Sabbia (couldn't decide on one haha. Pics to follow later). Do you guys recommend putting any leather protectant on the bag? It seems really sturdy but I don't want to risk it. The SA in the store said it came with a coating and adding a protectant might make the coating wear down quicker. Not sure what to do.....

My Metropolis arrived. It does fit an iPhone plus, a little snug with my case but OK, doesn't distort the sides much at all. I have a full cover leather top flip case on my phone, so I may just remove the case and go bare to use it in the bag. I really like it, it's comfortable to wear, and the strap is long enough to wear crossbody. It seems a little pricey for what it is, you can buy 2 of the not-interchangeables on ebay for 1 case and 1 flap, but mine was on sale so I'm happy. I don't get out much, so I probably won't use it often, but I'm glad I have it for those occasions when I need it. Hope they come out with new flaps soon, it's fun to be on the hunt anyway.

I saw these IRL for the first time today and am so in love! Can’t decide which colour!
Who has owned one for a while? What’s the wear and tear like?
Anyone have comments on the durability of smooth vs pebbled leather?

I've owned the mini in Moonstone (the pic you see on the previous page on this thread) for about 6 months and i've been wearing it a lot!! I recently got the same one in Giallo (think of it as a pumpkin orange/yellow). That's how much I love this bag LOL

The Moonstone held up well, and I find it comfortable to wear as a cross-body. I have no issues with the chain at all. This bag was a love at first sight!

I previously wrote that I found the chain uncomfortable, but I've now got used to it and it doesn't bother me at all! Mine accidentally got scraped across concrete, but there isn't a single mark (of course lighter colours require more care).

The Furla Metropolis is one of my favorite bags in my collection. I have the mini crossover in Sabbia. Given the price, I think it's a bargain. However, I had a problem with the chain. Suddenly chain broke. I sent a mail to Furla's customer service and they were really nice and sent me a new one free of charge. :smile: Even though my chain broke, I'm considering buying a new one because I really love the design and the value.