Funeral

Hi guys,

I decided to try on the black dress today. Now, I remember why I have it stashed in my closet for so long. I look like a short mini fridge. Ick. I am going to just wear a suit skirt instead. I have a black suit blazer/jacket to go with the skirt. I just need to find a dark top to wear under the blazer.

Grayxie - Oh thanks for letting me know! I wasn't sure if it was ok or not to wear that. A few other people I spoke to also mentioned a white or cream top. Since I have that already in my closet, didn't need to go out and buy one. I got a pair of shoes over the weekend. Think I should be set now. Thanks for all your help!

Thanks everyone for all the help! Really really appreciate it.

Shiuri

I just recently attended my father's funeral and I wore a simple black dress with a pair of black CL's
You should wear whatever you feel comfortable in. I'm sure no one will be judgeing what your wearing.

Shopalot -- So sorry about your father. Thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

Dmitchell -- Thanks for coming back and letting me know about the pearls. I wore the pearls. =)

I was just super nervous because I didn't want to over dress or under dress...didn't want to be too flashy but didn't want to be frumpy either. More than anything, I just wanted to look appropriate. It was for my hubby's granny. What made me more nervous was his big family, and some, actually a lot of whom I've never met. A lot of them were not able to make the travel from Spain to our wedding a couple years back when we got hitched. Anyways, will be flying back at the end of the week.

Thanks again Shopalot & Dmitchell.