FSH vs. George V?

anez

B-& until the sales!
O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
Okay, guys, my trip to Paris is BOOKED (just over one week, hurray!) and now I am planning out what shops I want to hit while I am there.

So. I am wondering: if we can manage it, would it be worthwhile to go to both FSH and George V? Is the stock quite different between the stores? Does anyone else have any H-advice for me on my first trip to the big city~? I'm all ears!

Sure, go to both if you are motivated. FSH is the place if you are hoping to place an order, though, and the stock is much better. It is the mothership, after all! Some folks have had luck walking in to GV though.

Anez! Yeah on your way to Paris soon! Enjoy and let us know what you see! I would try to make it to both you never know what you might see!

I will definitely document my trip in detail upon my return! Not sure if I'll be buying or not (have to see what's in stock!) but I am excited anyway.

I believe they have the same computer system, so they are able to see the whole inventory in both stores, but of course FSH is better stocked. Visiting FSH is quite something :girlsigh:
Please post a report of your trip, love hearing the success stories :tup:

Anez~ You can easily do both. They are not that far from one another especially if you take a cab. I have walked from one to the other with no problems. It feel it is definitely worth going to both. There was a Birkin sitting in St Gorges ..just sitting on the shelf. There were none however sitting on the shelves at FSH. You had to get there early (when they open) to see what Birkins they had available and ask for them. St Gorges had the pom poms which FSH did not. St Gorges was more friendly and gave more personal attention. Probably due to the smaller boutique etc.. It was a frenzy at FSH. FSH had a lot of smaller leather goods (zippered coin purses etc..) I enjoyed both for quite a bit of different reasons. The eye candy at FSH is fabulous but the service is better at St Gorges IMO.

Have a great time!!:yahoo:

^^^ I have never been treated more rudely at any H store in the world than at George V, and that was on a slow Monday morning when there was no other customer in the store and I was carrying my croc Lindy! :cursing:

But Caucasians and Asians get different treatment...

How exciting! I love going to Paris:girlsigh: When DH and I were there in December, I dragged him to both. If you have the time, why not? The more to look at the better:yes: Have a great time.

^^^ I have never been treated more rudely at any H store in the world than at George V, and that was on a slow Monday morning when there was no other customer in the store and I was carrying my croc Lindy! :cursing:

I was somewhat ignored at George V. (Been lucky as that I've never been treated rudely at H stores.) I just wrote it off that I was near my hotel (4 seasons) & just out for a walk so I was dressed for power walking not shopping. So I was discounted cause I'm caucasian?

I say do both, definitely! FSH is busy, busy, busy, lots of tourists, maybe a little more, um, brusque on the service front as a result but lots of great stock so definitely worth a visit whereas G V is smaller, less busy but almost more authentic; great service when I was there in Dec 07 notwithstanding the Xmas rush and lots of great stock to lust after.

Have a FABULOUS time!!! Am green eyes!!!

PS Don't make my mistake; I saw something I loved but ummed and aahed and ended up saying no which I regretted fewer than 2 hours later by which time I was on a plane, UK bound and it was too late!

That is a bit distressing to be sure. Who knows the true reasons. As I was looked over not once but 2 times at FSH (I am caucasian). It was so bad that I contacted the Manager and discussed it with him. He personally checked me out after my complaints. The scarf lady served French women before me (as I waited patiently for 15 minutes) then proceeded to serve us both at the same time and did not give me the standard 1 on 1 attention that everyone else was given at the counter. Then it happened again at the bracelet counter. I waited patiently my turn ...then when it was time the SA worked with another lady who just walked up. I was furious at this point as over the course of 3 days in paris and FSH I had spent quite a bit of $. Plus I too was carrying my Birkin...

I did not have this problem at all at St. Gorges. I think it depends on their mood and day...

I was there last year....

Got a bag within minutes at GV... along with a big smile and the best attention....

Felt like a fool and humiliated at FSH when they started with the two years wait stupid story....

anez - Have a fab time!!! :yahoo::yahoo: Was in Paris last month. Visited FSH on a Thursday morning shortly after they opened. Things were definitely hopping but got great personalized service. Visted George V on a Saturday afternoon. Was one of maybe 2 or 3 customers in the store and practically had to beg to get help.

Both are worth the visit if just to see the difference in the 2 boutiques. Didn't get to H in the Hilton near the Eiffel Tower but have heard positive reviews.

And if you should happen to Metro it to George V, keep in mind you really have to be looking for the store. As you are walking down Avenue George V from the Champs Elysees (sp?), it's on the left side and at a corner. The shop is so discreet that we passed it the first time.