Frustrating Saks experience...

archygirl

Dec 7, 2006
So today, I headed over to Short Hills Mall because I needed a pick-me-up after a particularly bad day at work...

First, tried on Magenta Pigalle 120 in 38.5--too small in toe box. They only had the Camo pony hair, did not like the camo thing. Still, I journeyed on, because I WANTED to bring home a CL box today...

Went to Saks, which had a limited selection. After not having yoyos in burgundy in my size, I tried the VPs in dk brown and med brown. Liked the Med, but they did not have my size. Tried the dk brown, and they matched my outfit I had on completely. Decided to take them instead. SA rang them up, I just got home AND....
they have a large scuff on them
AND He gave me the wrong size!!!

Has this disappointment happened to anyone else lately? Now I have to go back tomorrow and exchange them. Was so happy, now sad.

Major bummer...:sad:

I really hope you feel better. My EB Rolandos are about a half size too big, and I ordered them b/c the SA recommended that size. They also have a small scuff. But, I wanted them so much that I decided to keep them and add an insole. Still, it sure did damper my excitement when I opened them.

Don't mean to add to or ignore your pain, but where did you try on the magenta Pigalle? Those are my size...

Awww, sorry you're having such a bad day and no CL to comfort you. Call the SA and make sure he'll be holding the right size for you. You wouldn't want to get there tomorrow only to find out they no longer have your size.

Sorry to hear that archygirl. I got the wrong size on my nude VPs sent to me, and you are right...it's very disappointing! Hopefully, you will get it all worked out tomorrow. Hope you have a nice night at least. :heart:

I really hope you feel better. My EB Rolandos are about a half size too big, and I ordered them b/c the SA recommended that size. They also have a small scuff. But, I wanted them so much that I decided to keep them and add an insole. Still, it sure did damper my excitement when I opened them.

Don't mean to add to or ignore your pain, but where did you try on the magenta Pigalle? Those are my size...

Neiman Marcus at Short Hills! They are awesome!!!
Call Yaw, he helped me there... 973-912-0080 X 2245. Good luck!

Sorry to hear that archygirl. I got the wrong size on my nude VPs sent to me, and you are right...it's very disappointing! Hopefully, you will get it all worked out tomorrow. Hope you have a nice night at least. :heart:

Thanks! I have calmed down now....will hopefully have new pair to show off tomorrow. Here are photos of the pair going back, you can see how big the scuff is on the shoe...how did I not see that in the store?

Attachments

• VP1.jpg
    VP1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 71
  • VP2.jpg
    VP2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 71
  • VP3.jpg
    VP3.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Wow your pictures are great! I would be sad too if there was a scuff on them, especially if they werent even my size! Definitely make sure you call the SA and have them hold your size. I think the scuff can be buffed out or whatever it is the cobblers do, but definitely dont settle for a wrong size!

By the way I have ones just like them, and I actually am surprised at how often I wear them. They are so beautiful!

oh man i'm sorry. i feel your pain! but those are so stunning. i want them so bad. i stupidly didn't get them the time i tried them on. i so should have. which is the luggage color- the light or med brown?

YEAH! My size was still there...so I have the correct ones. Only problem is....that the SA yesterday did not tell me that the ECG was for today...and so they just did an even-exchange so I did not get the card. DO you think I should be a pain and go back and have them return and repurchase to get the card? It is only $75.

no i don't think you should go back and return them and rebuy them but i DO think you should call the SA and tell him that since he gave you the wrong shoes and they were damaged to boot and that since technically you got the right ones today that he should send you the ecg card in the mail. i think that's only fair.

no i don't think you should go back and return them and rebuy them but i DO think you should call the SA and tell him that since he gave you the wrong shoes and they were damaged to boot and that since technically you got the right ones today that he should send you the ecg card in the mail. i think that's only fair.

I agree. That is what I would do!

YEAH! My size was still there...so I have the correct ones. Only problem is....that the SA yesterday did not tell me that the ECG was for today...and so they just did an even-exchange so I did not get the card. DO you think I should be a pain and go back and have them return and repurchase to get the card? It is only $75.
Get your $75 whether it's by calling the SA or going back to the store. That'll pay for the tax.