French Co. Speedy??

Which would you choose - Modern Speedy or French Co. Speedy??

• Modern-Day LV Speedy

• French Co. Vintage Speedy

Results are only viewable after voting.

misspiggy

O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Hi Everyone, I am thinking of getting a vintage LV Speedy for my collection. Just wondering if anyone has any advice/opinions on the vintage French Company pieces?

Would you go for the modern-day Speedy with the upside down monograms or the French Company Speedy with the lock and right-side up monograms?

i'd like the French Co. Speedy as an everyday drag-around bag. it's not as common as the present-day Speedy, and i don't think it sags as much because it's not one sheet of canvas going all the way round

I love the French Co Speedy and wouldn't want any other... It was my first LV many moons ago... I purchased a new Speedy and sold it. I hated it. I like that the LV's are upright on both sides of the bag on the French Co bags. :smile:

Here's a pic of a French Co Speedy in excellent condition. It's mine... My only regret is that I can't blink my eyes and turn it into a French Co Speedy 35....
Speedy30002.jpg

I love the French Co Speedy and wouldn't want any other... It was my first LV many moons ago... I purchased a new Speedy and sold it. I hated it. I like that the LV's are upright on both sides of the bag on the French Co bags. :smile:

Here's a pic of a French Co Speedy in excellent condition. It's mine... My only regret is that I can't blink my eyes and turn it into a French Co Speedy 35....

Wow yours look PERFECT :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: Anyone looking at that will seriously be persuaded to own one of these!! And I like the fact that it already comes with patina handles!! Gorgeous gorgeous speedy! Thanks for sharing her with us! :heart:

^^^ The patina on that is gorgeous

Yeah and I think it ages so much better than the modern-day ones (oh oh! Am I swaying towards the French Co. ones already?!? :lol: ) The modern-day ones can end up with darn ugly dark handles...which you will need to change at LV for another sum of money if you want cleaner newer handles...hmmmm

I bought one and sold it because it wasn't for me. I do LOVE the look of it but the fact that it wasn't in the condition I like my bags to be, I wasn't IN LOVE with it, you know? If you can find one in MINT condition, I would say GO FOR IT!!! It's def. very unique looking!:yes:

I think as a throw around bad I would like it. It seems to hold up much much much better than the modern day ones. For my first speedy I almost purchased one but I am not glad that I chose the modern day one instead as I think it just looks better.