French Co. Speedy??

?

Which would you choose - Modern Speedy or French Co. Speedy??

1. Modern-Day LV Speedy

2. French Co. Vintage Speedy

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi Everyone, I am thinking of getting a vintage LV Speedy for my collection. Just wondering if anyone has any advice/opinions on the vintage French Company pieces?

Would you go for the modern-day Speedy with the upside down monograms or the French Company Speedy with the lock and right-side up monograms?

2. i'd like the French Co. Speedy as an everyday drag-around bag. it's not as common as the present-day Speedy, and i don't think it sags as much because it's not one sheet of canvas going all the way round

3. french co.! if you really want a modern speedy you can buy it anytime!

4. I like the modern-day ones.

5. I like the French Co ones...no vachetta, old-fashioned, and unique.

6. I am not good at recognizing French co. vintage. Honestly, if I saw someone carrying it I would think it's a fake.

7. how does a french co. speedy look like?

8. I love the French Co Speedy and wouldn't want any other... It was my first LV many moons ago... I purchased a new Speedy and sold it. I hated it. I like that the LV's are upright on both sides of the bag on the French Co bags. :smile:

Here's a pic of a French Co Speedy in excellent condition. It's mine... My only regret is that I can't blink my eyes and turn it into a French Co Speedy 35....
    [​IMG]

9. ^^^ The patina on that is gorgeous

10. Wow yours look PERFECT :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: Anyone looking at that will seriously be persuaded to own one of these!! And I like the fact that it already comes with patina handles!! Gorgeous gorgeous speedy! Thanks for sharing her with us! :heart:

11. I love the French Co. Speedy. Saw a lady at the grocery store with one and tried not to drool! :lol:

12. Yeah and I think it ages so much better than the modern-day ones (oh oh! Am I swaying towards the French Co. ones already?!? :lol: ) The modern-day ones can end up with darn ugly dark handles...which you will need to change at LV for another sum of money if you want cleaner newer handles...hmmmm

13. I bought one and sold it because it wasn't for me. I do LOVE the look of it but the fact that it wasn't in the condition I like my bags to be, I wasn't IN LOVE with it, you know? If you can find one in MINT condition, I would say GO FOR IT!!! It's def. very unique looking!:yes:

14. I think as a throw around bad I would like it. It seems to hold up much much much better than the modern day ones. For my first speedy I almost purchased one but I am not glad that I chose the modern day one instead as I think it just looks better.

15. isn't there a greyish-black corduroy french speedy floating somewhere on eBay? i remember it was $399 BIN and it's in a great condition

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice