Foundation/Brand Help

If you like to set with powder I recommend buying everyday minerals foundation to set. It'll give you really good coverage to ensure a flawless look. it's cheap and there's different formulas. i have matte and intensive, but you can get semi matte or original glo

I agree on EM. The custom kits are a super buy too b/c you can pack it w/ the more expensive products and it turns out to be quite a deal.

I've also worn the Superfit by Clinique and liked it, but the tone was a bit too pink for me.

I wear Tarte Smooth Operator now and love it! They have another one that is called Peaches and Cream and it looks nice too. Tarte is my favorite- great stuff in the products.

After my beloved Lancome Maqui Libre (liquid) foundation in Delicate Porcelain was discontinued I was heartbroken, as I was a slave to it for 15+ years, LOL.

I've tried a few since and so far my favorites are Makeup For Ever - Liquid Lift (which I think is being discontinued, grrr) and MUFE High Def (which is GREAT with the high def powder and the adorable kabuki brush, HTH).

While I LOVE MAC (eye shadows, liners, lip products, blushes), their foundations have been a big bust on me - either for making my eyes gush tears on the way to work (the mineralize liquid foundation) and most recently the Studio Sculpt which I really wanted to like but just kinda "sits" on my face and makes it look dry. I don't know if that's because I have the wrong shade or it's just not a good formula for me.

I do want to try Tarte ReCreate anti-aging as I've heard great stuff about it.

AND...I've had fun with Everyday Minerals and the super cute (free!) samples. I have to admit I am partial to liquid, mostly because I haven't really given these a chance to learn the technique (which is SO different from liquid, IMO), plus they tend to settle into the fine lines I've slowly developed (hello, 40-something!). I do like EDM as a finisher over my liquid foundations, however...very clean and polished.

Hope that helps, OP! Sorry for the ramble.
XXXOO PG

I use Vinvent Longo's creme-to-powder foundation. It really does set to a powder finish and you build up the amount of coverage you need (from light-dark). Like you, I have tried everything under the sun, moon, and stars and I love this! I have combo/oily skin and it effectively keeps the shine away in the t-zone while providing moisture to the dry areas. I went from wearing 3 products (foundation, concealer, powder) to just 1. :yahoo:

It's no longer sold at Sephora but you can buy it at Barney's, QVC, Beauty.com or directly from his studio (www.vincentlongo.com)

Good luck!

Last edited:
I am really low maintenance and love the way BeautiControl’s Perfecting Wet/Dry Finish covers so naturally. You can use it with a dry sponge for a natural look or with a wet sponge for more coverage, but their brushes are fantastic and that is what I use. Takes about 5 seconds and I’m done!