Fortunes of Jypsieres, an Ode...

I just purchased this gorgeous Bleu Izmir Jypsiere 28 through the US website. It's perfect in every way except two: the date stamp is a Q in a box, which means it's a 4 year old bag, plus it smells faintly of musk -- not major skunk like an Evelyne GM I once returned, but not that pure leather/non-smell of my newer bags.
This is the perfect color for me in this bag and I do love it, but would it bother you to receive a 4 year old bag? And can a nice airing out alleviate the smell or should I expect it to get worse? (Note: the plastic is still on the hardware and there is no other signs of wear.)

Opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'll have to make my mind up very soon on whether I'm keeping it or not since I'm only visiting the US at the moment and would need to return via Fedex asap.

I am leaning toward keeping it since it's stunning and, even if it's not brand new, I have no guarantees of ever getting this color again in an otherwise untouched jyspy.IMG_2536.JPG

I just purchased this gorgeous Bleu Izmir Jypsiere 28 through the US website. It's perfect in every way except two: the date stamp is a Q in a box, which means it's a 4 year old bag, plus it smells faintly of musk -- not major skunk like an Evelyne GM I once returned, but not that pure leather/non-smell of my newer bags.
This is the perfect color for me in this bag and I do love it, but would it bother you to receive a 4 year old bag? And can a nice airing out alleviate the smell or should I expect it to get worse? (Note: the plastic is still on the hardware and there is no other signs of wear.)

Opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'll have to make my mind up very soon on whether I'm keeping it or not since I'm only visiting the US at the moment and would need to return via Fedex asap.

I am leaning toward keeping it since it's stunning and, even if it's not brand new, I have no guarantees of ever getting this color again in an otherwise untouched jyspy.View attachment 3778501

This color is fantastic!

But I understand your concerns on the date stamp, I think your bag should be a brand new untouched stock since you purchased from the website. If I got this bag, I would like to know if this bag has been stored / shut in the box for four years...as you mentioned they smell, this would concerns me because leather is leather, it's not good to be kept in a closed box for so long.

And I'm surprised that they have not sold this yet for 4 years until now ?!

Why don't you call or visit the boutiques and check if they have the same, and you can check their date code as well?

For me, if I'm not going to sell it in the future and the bag, the leather has been kept well, the date code doesn't bother me that much.

Reactions: michelle217
This color is fantastic!

But I understand your concerns on the date stamp, I think your bag should be a brand new untouched stock since you purchased from the website. If I got this bag, I would like to know if this bag has been stored / shut in the box for four years...as you mentioned they smell, this would concerns me because leather is leather, it's not good to be kept in a closed box for so long.

And I'm surprised that they have not sold this yet for 4 years until now ?!

Why don't you call or visit the boutiques and check if they have the same, and you can check their date code as well?

For me, if I'm not going to sell it in the future and the bag, the leather has been kept well, the date code doesn't bother me that much.
Thanks for your reply. :smile: I ultimately chose to return it. Even though I loved it, I couldn't get over the age of the bag. I hope to find another one in the near future in a similar color.

Thanks for your reply. :smile: I ultimately chose to return it. Even though I loved it, I couldn't get over the age of the bag. I hope to find another one in the near future in a similar color.

Good. I mean it's simple that if we buy something new with full price, no one would expect that is made 4 years ago and especially for a 9k handbag, right !?

You will definitely find one and hope to see your new reveal soon !

Good. I mean it's simple that if we buy something new with full price, no one would expect that is made 4 years ago and especially for a 9k handbag, right !?
You will definitely find one and hope to see your new reveal soon !
Must admit, I have been feeling some sadness at losing this bag....BUT I found it tonight, same color, same year stamp, in excellent pre-loved condition for an amazing price (not including the duties I'll be nailed with but, alas, but you can't have everything). I prefer new bags, but I'm very happy about this find! I compared it to the pics I took of the one from H.com and it looks identical -- but will have it authenticated of course when it arrives. :biggrin:

Must admit, I have been feeling some sadness at losing this bag....BUT I found it tonight, same color, same year stamp, in excellent pre-loved condition for an amazing price (not including the duties I'll be nailed with but, alas, but you can't have everything). I prefer new bags, but I'm very happy about this find! I compared it to the pics I took of the one from H.com and it looks identical -- but will have it authenticated of course when it arrives. :biggrin:
congrats!! that was quick ! I must say to get the new one directly from H feels more exclusive. But I also love how some of the pre-owned bags are preserved perfectly or well broken-in already but still in very nice condition. Especially for Jyp, it will develop the "belly" at the bottom and the Clemence slouchiness which I love. ....besides, you can save a lot of money from buying pre-loved and put it towards on other Hermes goodies!

Reactions: seishouai

I know which one you bought. :P I had been eyeing that bag for a long time and I haven't pulled the trigger since I am waiting on my SA for another bag. If you bought it from where I think you bought it, it is a really good price and it comes with an authentication from the best in the business. You will know what I mean when you get it. Congrats and enjoy your bag! :smile:

Reactions: michelle217
I know which one you bought. :P I had been eyeing that bag for a long time and I haven't pulled the trigger since I am waiting on my SA for another bag. If you bought it from where I think you bought it, it is a really good price and it comes with an authentication from the best in the business. You will know what I mean when you get it. Congrats and enjoy your bag! :smile:
It should arrive tomorrow! I will share pics and my opinion -- I hope it's as near perfect as the pics look! Even with the duties I had to pay to get it into Canada, it's still about 4.5K less than I paid for the exact same bag from the H website -- that will definitely go into my Birkin fund! :biggrin:

It should arrive tomorrow! I will share pics and my opinion -- I hope it's as near perfect as the pics look! Even with the duties I had to pay to get it into Canada, it's still about 4.5K less than I paid for the exact same bag from the H website -- that will definitely go into my Birkin fund! :biggrin:
That is great savings!!! Congrats... :smile::smile::smile: Where did you buy it from and what is the price, if you do not mind me asking? I am in the market for a prewoned one and see varying prices. I saw one on FP but it was in 31, which is a tad too big for my preference.

That is great savings!!! Congrats... :smile::smile::smile: Where did you buy it from and what is the price, if you do not mind me asking? I am in the market for a prewoned one and see varying prices. I saw one on FP but it was in 31, which is a tad too big for my preference.
I saw the exact bag I wanted on ebay, then realized the seller has a website where the bag was an additional 10% less. I bought from Trendlee.com for $4500 and I'm hoping it's as good as it looks in the pictures. I guess I'll soon find out!

I received my bleu izmir Q-stamped Jypsière 28 from Trendlee.com today.

Pros: It's in fantastic shape...can't see any wear at all and no musty smell. Considering I saved a chunk of change from the "new" Q-stamped bag I returned to H.com, this one's pretty near perfect. It also comes with an authenticity certificate from Bababebi.

Cons: It's definitely NOT Izmir blue. I had a hunch it wasn't from the photos I'd seen, but H colors seem to change depending on what light they're under. I did email Trendlee to confirm and they confirmed it as Izmir, but they're wrong. Izmir is more of a blue-teal, and this one is definitely a blue-blue... Cobalt? Mykonos? Anyone recognize it?

However, I do love the bag and I do love the color so I will be keeping it. I'll just have to get my Izmir Blue fix from another piece. :Pjypsy.jpg

Cons: It's definitely NOT Izmir blue. I had a hunch it wasn't from the photos I'd seen, but H colors seem to change depending on what light they're under. I did email Trendlee to confirm and they confirmed it as Izmir, but they're wrong. Izmir is more of a blue-teal, and this one is definitely a blue-blue... Cobalt? Mykonos? Anyone recognize it?
View attachment 3790481

After doing some further research I have reached the conclusion that this IS Izmir Blue and it is a major chameleon...so much that it fooled me. If you compare the two pics I've posted on this page of my two jypsieres... I can't believe they're the same color, but they actually are. Huh. Lesson learned!