for those with ivory/cream colored bags

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
I went to the Chanel boutique in Dallas yesterday and looked at some GST's. I planned on purchasing the black with gold hardware, but when I saw the current color ivory (not sure the name Chanel is using) I was enamored with how classy it looked, again, with GHW.

Have any of you regretted such a light colored bag? I don't have any bags that color. The lightest I have is an epi yellow LV Noe, but that its so rugged, I don't worry about it. Oh, and I have an Hermes Garden Party in a cream linen with black leather handles, but that thing is a work horse, IMO.

I currently have a black Medallion w/SHW and a WOC w/ SHW.

Should I avoid this color? Go for practical black, which I think goes with anything? Or go with a classy look, but maybe will show dirt and age much faster?

I went to the Chanel boutique in Dallas yesterday and looked at some GST's. I planned on purchasing the black with gold hardware, but when I saw the current color ivory (not sure the name Chanel is using) I was enamored with how classy it looked, again, with GHW.

Have any of you regretted such a light colored bag? I don't have any bags that color. The lightest I have is an epi yellow LV Noe, but that its so rugged, I don't worry about it. Oh, and I have an Hermes Garden Party in a cream linen with black leather handles, but that thing is a work horse, IMO.

I currently have a black Medallion w/SHW and a WOC w/ SHW.

Should I avoid this color? Go for practical black, which I think goes with anything? Or go with a classy look, but maybe will show dirt and age much faster?
Go with what you love and works for you and your lifestyle. Do you want the black? What colors do you consider "classy?" Since the lightest bags you have are rugged LV and Hermes, do you really "need" a light colored tote, as the others are useful for carrying a lot?

I have bags in white, ivory, off white and they are lovely (even one that someone took to Disneyland and wore with dark jeans; I got the color transfer off). But that's me, and I'm not you and you're not me. You need to listen to what your heart and mind say to you.

Hi! I love light colored bags as I think they make more of a statement than safe darker colors. Light colored bags also pop!

That said, I have a lot of light colored bags including a white GST, an ivory GST, a white Medallion, a pale pink GST, a pale yellow kisslock....

If you are looking at an ivory GST, I'm not sure it's the current season as this season, the light color was white. It doesn't matter what season, but you may want to check the tag to see what season ad what color. The ivory is from last year and the white would be this year.

Since you are looking at GSTs... I LOVE my white and ivory GSTs. I wear my ivory one in the winter too, and it's such a great look.

No color transfer issues for me at all. And if you do have a problem, the caviar is tough as nails... jus wipe it off.

Another gorgeous GST combo is the beige with GHW if you are afraid of white or ivory. I have the beige with GHW and also the black with GHW. I use the beige one more than the black. The black is so "safe" to me, and I really like bag that pop and stand out. Just me though.

Good luck... you may also wants to grab the GST now as the price will increase in the near future (it's been $2900.00 for a long time).

My heart loved it, my head was getting the way. I'm leaning toward the light colored one. It was so beautiful to me. :smile:

Listen to your heart and tell your head that it's caviar so it's easily cleaned, then invest in some good leather products (you can waterproof it with Collonil or Cadillac waterstop, and you can clean it with many products). :smile:

I too have an ivory GST - now, I haven't had it for long, but I have used it quite a bit. Anything I've gotten on it so far I've been able to wipe off-- maybe the caviar helps a little in the resilient-to-stains category. I also have a beige patent mini that's in fantastic shape-- I've never had stains or color transfer issues with it.

I'd say, if you love it, get it!!!

Thank you so much for the input! I will go with my heart. But, my heart has to wait a few more months. Maybe two months. ;) I'll post a pic when I get the bag!