Tech For those of you with the iPhone 4...yes or no?

Should I buy it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LoveMyMarc

♥'s MJ, RM, & LV
Jul 6, 2008
For those of you who have it, should I get it? Or not?

I have been waiting for the white one, but I really want a new phone. So, if I get this one and the white one comes out, I'll just give this to my DBF. I have good coverage with AT&T, so I won't be switching to Verizon if it goes there. I plan on waiting until after Christmas since I have gifts to buy and I'll probably get some cash to put towards it. I have just been hesitant about getting it since I've heard about some problems.

Decisions, decisions...:thinking:

Last edited:
Given that the noise about the problems with the antenna has (as far as I can tell) completely gone away, I think the problems were WAY overblown.

I think the phone is gorgeous, and it's fast, and it fits in great with all of my other computer toys (which are a MacBook Pro and an iPad -- not hard to see what company suits me just fine). I've had no complaints about the actual performance of the phone. And the screen is *gorgeous*. I was looking at my 3GS the other day and thought, Yeah, the new screen is just miles better than this old one.

All of the problems I have with the phone are directly related to AT&T. I'm not sure I would switch if Verizon comes out with the iPhone, but I'm sure going to think about it.

Last edited:
TBH, I don't know how serious of a deal killer it was in the first place. People could make the antenna strength display go down by pushing on one part of the antenna. Apple gave out cases. Now nobody mentions it any more.

Apple hasn't changed the design of the phone. (They'd have to take it to the FCC for approval again, so we'd know if they did.) I know lots of people use cases (I got the clear InCase one, because it doesn't hide the phone in any way), but lots of people don't either and they've still got their 4 and still making calls.

I think 75% of the hysteria came from Apple seeming to have a weakness, so people attacked. Having suffered through a decade of Apple being the company everyone made fun of, it's hilarious to see them as the over dog now.

OK, I am gonna just take the plunge and not hold out for the white one anymore! I am tried of my slow BB, lol!!

I'm probably just going to buy it after I'm done buying Christmas presents though. I don't want to wait 'til after Christmas!

Oh, I was under the assumption that you were wondering if the iPhone 4, in general, was a good choice...not that you were 100% set on it. Sorry.

Yes, buy it!!! I love my iPhone 4!!! A few of my co-workers have the Droid and the Incredible and even though it has interesting features, it seems a bit confusing to use. iPhone 4 is so easy to use!!!