For DC Area Folks: Recommending Leather Repair Guy!

dcblam

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
Found a great source, Franco Belviso of Franco's..."For All Your Leather Needs" (except for shoes, he says that's a totally different skill set).
He not only does repair work (purses, belts, jackets etc) but can do custom creations as well (purses, wallets, etc). I saw his portfolio and he really can do anything....leather inserts for table tops, upholstery for furniture as well as car seats...he even showed me a picture of an antique bicycle seat that he re-did for the Smithsonian.
He's a lovely Italian man, has been here for almost 20 years and was trained in Florence, Italy.

He's located in Kensington, MD at 3762 A Howard Ave. (Antique Row)
301-962-0809.

I took a purse there - to punch additional holes in the shoulder straps. I wasn't about to take my $1300 purse to just any old place!

It's nice to know that there are specialized artisans around to help!

Thanks dcblam! I am filing this info away. Kensington is a haul for me but I would rather use the gas to give a beloved bag to someone who knows what he is doing than risk one of those "we do anything in 5 minutes" places.

Thanks dcblam! I am filing this info away. Kensington is a haul for me but I would rather use the gas to give a beloved bag to someone who knows what he is doing than risk one of those "we do anything in 5 minutes" places.

yeah, I know what you mean about "we do anything" places....yikes!
by the by - love your line....."shopping for years - have nothing to wear", made me LOL!

shopping for years
I have this on a plaque hanging on my full length mirror! I had it put on note pads too.

Do you think your leather guy has grommets? I would like another hole in a bag strap but they have brass grommets on them. It would not have to be a perfect match but I don't want just a hole in the leather that looks like, well, a hole.

I have this on a plaque hanging on my full length mirror! I had it put on note pads too.

Do you think your leather guy has grommets? I would like another hole in a bag strap but they have brass grommets on them. It would not have to be a perfect match but I don't want just a hole in the leather that looks like, well, a hole.

Give 'em a call.....he seems like the kind of guy who will make it happen......

Leelee....sounds more like a job for a tailor since it's just the lining, but call and ask......