FOMO Buys

Oct 9, 2017
Curious if anyone else suffers from this annoying tendency I have, which is to want to buy a purse because I'm afraid it will be hard to get. I'm currently stalking a couple of bags that I really don't need, but am worried that when I do decide it's time to buy they won't be available.

Curious if anyone else suffers from this annoying tendency I have, which is to want to buy a purse because I'm afraid it will be hard to get. I'm currently stalking a couple of bags that I really don't need, but am worried that when I do decide it's time to buy they won't be available.
This entire industry is carefully designed to trigger your worst FOMO impulses!

I totally feel ya. The past couple of days I was able to score the kirigami, pochette metis, speedy b25, and favorite MM in DE and DA online. I've been stalking these items for months and could not find anything until now. Unfortunately my regular SA left the company and I haven't purchased from LV in a little over a year.

I definitely wasn't planning to spend this much at one time, but I think its worth the savings drain to get it while its available. Who knows the direction LV is going with canvas. Also LV canvas retains its value well, so even if I don't end up using it as much I'll resell it with not so much loss.

I totally feel ya. The past couple of days I was able to score the kirigami, pochette metis, speedy b25, and favorite MM in DE and DA online. I've been stalking these items for months and could not find anything until now. Unfortunately my regular SA left the company and I haven't purchased from LV in a little over a year.

I definitely wasn't planning to spend this much at one time, but I think its worth the savings drain to get it while its available. Who knows the direction LV is going with canvas. Also LV canvas retains its value well, so even if I don't end up using it as much I'll resell it with not so much loss.

All I can say is NICE!!!

Reactions: SeattleLVLover
Omg I felt so alone in this I’m also suffering from fomo, stalked my local LV store for items that I wanted and they didn’t have it (Agenda’s in medium/large sizes) and then she said she got the last tp19, which I wanted, but not now, cuz I wanted an agenda. But I bought it anyways, cuz it was the last one and fomo. Today I bought a preloved agenda mm in monogram cuz also fomo xD help.. and also the “What’s in my LV bag” triggers me so much!
Edit: Also in Holland, we can’t order online. So everytime I’m in Amsterdam, I have to buy something cuz fomo

yeah, same here, I'm thinking of buying a couple of more Neverfulls to stock them up :biggrin:

Reactions: SeattleLVLover
Sometimes these designers triggers the exact opposite reactions in me. For instance, LV will release five SLGs all in different shades of pink. Like, "here customers, look...we have five new cute SLGs...*limited* in pink colors, get it while you can--oh and here's a mini purse in red." I'm not gonna buy that purse in red just because it's the only one. I'd rather wait for a new season. There's GOT to be something better than five pinks and ONE red.

And don't get me started on Chanel. "Oh, here's all of our great things, that you have to travel to four continents to retrieve. GOOD LUCK!" Definitely not fomo. More like foh. With that mess.

I think FOMO may be what pushed me to get my empreinte pochette metis. I'm supposed to be holding out for my Chanel Jumbo (or boy... I haven't fully decided) but I bought a marine rouge metis last month bc I just HAD to have it. Here we are a month later and I haven't carried her once. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful bag and I have no regrets but I probably could've waited to buy it instead of rushing for fear that this color would be sold out and I would miss out on it.