Workplace Following up with "I'll take your resume for right now"?

Back to topic: OP, do stay on trend in your industry and drop your contact at the other company an email now and then with a relevant piece of information in your shared industry. He may not have had the time to see something, so you could be helping him keep up to date. This also serves the additional purpose of staying in touch and on top of mind.

Good luck!

Thanks, everyone. I've not heard back from the manager yet, but I took another baby step and called 2 more places I think I could possibly like to ask about job openings. So far, one said one employee was leaving and she'd be gone in about a month so to check back then, and the other said they weren't sure but please call back next week. They'd be my 2nd and 3rd choices, but I'll let it play out and go from there.

Haven't heard from the manager at place I want to work, but I did get in contact with an employee who works there now. She's not a manager and has nothing to do with the hiring, but she's super-sweet and promised to keep me in the loop for when jobs become available. She said she heard a job may open up in about a month and that it's looking good cuz my resume made its way to the company president. I know it's not much, but like I posted earlier, I'm hopeful as long as I don't hear a definite "no".

Haven't heard from the manager at place I want to work, but I did get in contact with an employee who works there now. She's not a manager and has nothing to do with the hiring, but she's super-sweet and promised to keep me in the loop for when jobs become available. She said she heard a job may open up in about a month and that it's looking good cuz my resume made its way to the company president. I know it's not much, but like I posted earlier, I'm hopeful as long as I don't hear a definite "no".

That sounds good! I was just reading an article about how people these days have specific candidates in mind before they ever even publicize a job. Check back with them frequently enough that they don't forget you but infrequently enough so that you aren't an annoying bug. :graucho:

^^Thanks, Bitty! I really hope this does mean they're considering me for future jobs. I have to admit that I thought my resume looked really good. I had a lot of skills on there, plus I have a pretty good amount of experience, but I don't have so much that I've been pigeonholed into a specific line of work. I'm also going to a training seminar to become certified in a type of skill that's considered to be highly valuable in my field. So once I complete that, probably in a month, I'll be sure to update the hiring manager on that. I'll also update this thread as more news comes along.

So I just finished up the advanced training...which is advanced enough to put a few extra letters after my name!

It's been almost 3 months since I first reached out to the other company, so as soon as I get the certificate confirming the completion of my training, I'm emailing the manager again.

I suggest you emailing the manager with an updated resume, reflecting your recent training. Also, I loved LinkedIn. I have been on there since 2006. I have found it's a great place to network. Though I am biased, since I am a corporate recruiter. LinkedIn has emerged to be one of the top ways to expore career options.

I suggest you emailing the manager with an updated resume, reflecting your recent training. Also, I loved LinkedIn. I have been on there since 2006. I have found it's a great place to network. Though I am biased, since I am a corporate recruiter. LinkedIn has emerged to be one of the top ways to expore career options.

Thanks. I emailed the manager on April 1, with my new resume. I haven't heard back yet. Should I email him again, saying something like, "Just checking to see if you got my updated resume?" Or should I just wait until I hear from him? I feel like I'm dating this guy:lol:

I emailed the manager a 2nd time in April asking him if he got my new resume. He said yes and forwarded it to my would-be boss. A couple of days ago, I got an email from my would-be boss telling me he's still interested in me and could I forward my resume again? I earned new experiences after being transferred to a new site, which I mentioned in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/career-and-workplace/i-know-im-not-alone-right-812575.html

So I forwarded the resume, updated yet again with new skills.