Following dstar's lead: I'm self-RESTORING my 05 BG Day

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
Purchased from ebay, it was faded and yellowed, but in good clean condition. Nowhere near where dstar's Calclaire Day had been.

I've purchased Tarrago dye #36 called Ivory/Bone. :idea:

Before pictures soon.

Wish me luck ladies! :sweatdrop:

A few before pics. This Day still has very nice leather, pillow-like. Handle is surprisingly clean. The color looks to be one shade yellower than depicted in these photos.

Edit: Sorry mods! Please feel free to move this as you see fit.

Attachments

• IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,523
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,562
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,498
  • IMG_0636.JPG
    IMG_0636.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,507
^^ Ahhh.. my first vote of confidence. Thank you MarieG!

I'm sweating balls here. LOL.

The dye is here, just need to see if I'm up to the first coat tonight...

Whooo Hoooo you brave soul Rere. Good Luck :woohoo:

BTW, why are you dying it Ivory instead of a light pink like the original...just out of morbid curiosity

Whooo Hoooo you brave soul Rere. Good Luck :woohoo:

BTW, why are you dying it Ivory instead of a light pink like the original...just out of morbid curiosity

Good question! I went back n forth between dying it Ivory or a sort of Mauve color, but when I took a look at the swatches - I leaned towards Ivory since I don't think my skin tone can handle the Mauve. Maybe for the same reason that 06 Lilac looks silly on me. :confused1:

I didn't really like any of the pinks they had to offer. And I figured: hey, why try to impersonate 05 Pink when I know I can't come close?

I saw this Ivory color that really reminded me of my 03 Mastic. We'll have to wait to see if it truly turns out that way.