Follow-Up Question - What handbag do you carry when wearing jeans?

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
So I had this color transfer issue with my metallic zoe and had to return the bag. I was wearing the zoe with jeans, but they had been pre-washed, not new or anything.

My question is, what handbag do you guys carry when wearing your jeans?

Where does you bag hit - waist, hip, neither?

Besides metallic or suede, is there another bag/finish you would say one should not carry when wearing jeans?

What about color - is there a color to avoid? For some reason, I thought I read the teal had horrible color transfer, but I could be mistaking...please enlighten me!

LET'S DISCUSS!!!

I carry all of my bags with jeans. I recently noticed some color transfer on my pink Bonnie but I had been wearing brand new dark jeans so that is probably why. I do not buy white bags at all for fear of color transfer,

I only wear jeans in the winter and that's all I wear. I am a SAHM so not much more reason to dress up that often.I carry whatever bag I am currently in the mood to carry. I don't really give it much more thought than that.

I find "soft" leathers seem to be prone to transfer, if that makes any sense. Vachetta obviously. Um, light colors it's more noticeable. My teal Sabrina does not have any transfer but the dye is wearing on the bag, most noticeably on the corners, the top near the zipper, and the back pleated area where it rubs against my body.

i usually wear my darker jeans if i'm going out on the weekend so i typically carry a wristlet or clutch... if it's a more casual jean situation, i just grab one of the darker zoes... i'm not exceptionally careful about the color transfer thing but i haven't had any problems with my white or light bags thus far... on a somewhat related note, my truck interior is a peanut butter color and i get transfer all the time in the seats but the folks at the car wash have been able to get it out consistently... i will ask them what they use when i take frankie in this week (or next, depending on the weather)

I wear any bags I have but most of my bags are darker in colour. I have two bags I totally adore that go really well with my darkest blue jeans. One is my denim/indigo medium Zoe:

The other is my Denim/Indigo Pleated Ergo.

I have a matching Denim/Indigo miniskinny (sorry no pix). I have had no trouble with colour transfer and they just go so well together.

ITA with the poster who said all bags go w/jeans :yes:
And I've had great luck removing color transfer off my camel Lily with a baby wipe. I rinse the wipe first to get all that pre-moisture off then rub the bag lightly and it always works :tup:

Yep, I agree too- any bags go with jeans. Sorry about your Zoe. I was so envious of her when you got her that I got one but I ended up with the berry. I guess that is a good thing since I wear a lot of jeans!

I wear anything with jeans! Then again I wear jeans almost everyday unless I'm wearing leggings. But I just got a Sand Parker and I'm afraid of color transfer so I will probably only wear that with light colored jeans.

i usually wear my darker jeans if i'm going out on the weekend so i typically carry a wristlet or clutch... if it's a more casual jean situation, i just grab one of the darker zoes... i'm not exceptionally careful about the color transfer thing but i haven't had any problems with my white or light bags thus far... on a somewhat related note, my truck interior is a peanut butter color and i get transfer all the time in the seats but the folks at the car wash have been able to get it out consistently... i will ask them what they use when i take frankie in this week (or next, depending on the weather)

OH, please do b/c I have the same problem in my car with saddle interior! Sucks and I am bag about taking her in for a proper wash...