Folded leather on Classic Flap

Iana24

Feb 26, 2018
I recently bought black Reissue crumpled calfskin abroad and just noticed the leather on the hidden compartment between the flaps is not perfectly flat but there are 2 folded areas as a result of a loose leather lining. I suppose the lining should be glued? I have another Reissue that lining feels firm and perfectly flat and I couldn't pinch the lining so I assume it's glued flat to the back surface.

Honestly it doesn't bother me since it's hidden anyway. But now I am worried if it will get more loose with use over time. I plan to use it to store passport or extra cash for travel only so not for daily use though. Do you think I should worry? Should I take it to the store? I am a bit reluctant because it was bought abroad so I can only exchange with the same one, not good if they don't have it in stock, otherwise I will lose the tax refund. Also, finding the same also difficult because it took me a dozen visit to different stores to find the perfect leather (I want a smooth leather so I hunted and finally found the least crumpled one)

I post here to gain some useful information and others' experience with the loose leather. Is it safe to just leave it like that or will I cause more damage if I use it?

IMG_7219.JPG IMG_7225.JPG

My leather on the bottom inside the bag is loose as well. But some other reissue I got are more "fixed". But I still bought mine cause the exterior is the best among the rest.

Although my issue is on the inner pocket of the two flaps and it’s folded not only loose, yes I heard some people got their inner leather loose especially on the seasonal flap. I had one mini flap like yours, the inner leather were not sticked flat to the body, I sold it because I prefer lean and tidy interior

Hi Iana!
I have a 226 RHW black reissue and I also feel the leather is a but loose in that hidden pocket. It is loose on the side of the interior. ( hope this is clear?!)
I double check but the leather is not folded in mine.
I wish you dont have any issue with this bag. Maybe you could bring it to the store to compare with others they have on stock
Good luck

Reactions: Iana24
Hi Iana!
I have a 226 RHW black reissue and I also feel the leather is a but loose in that hidden pocket. It is loose on the side of the interior. ( hope this is clear?!)
I double check but the leather is not folded in mine.
I wish you dont have any issue with this bag. Maybe you could bring it to the store to compare with others they have on stock
Good luck
Hi Chanelandco, thanks for checking yours. The one with folded leather is on the side of the exterior. However, since you said the loose part in your bag is on the side of the interior I went to check with mine and yes it’s also loose but flat, no wrinkle nor folded.

I am now curious, your bag, does the part on the side of the exterior is loose too or stick flat to the exterior?

I might need to go to the store then

Reactions: Chanelandco
Hi Chanelandco, thanks for checking yours. The one with folded leather is on the side of the exterior. However, since you said the loose part in your bag is on the side of the interior I went to check with mine and yes it’s also loose but flat, no wrinkle nor folded.

I am now curious, your bag, does the part on the side of the exterior is loose too or stick flat to the exterior?

I might need to go to the store then

It is flat on that side. I cannot pinch the leather in there. Hope this help

Reactions: Iana24