Flower lace or magic pave earrings?

they'll all make you happy but what will make you the happiest??
the magic pave feels more satisfying. The flower lace is delicate, I thought I’d be more crazy about it but I’m not. Maybe I could add something like it later on. Right now I want a solid pave piece in my collection. Between the WG and YG....ugh I don’t know:no: the WG is so satisfying and striking, but YG is more practical and I will wear it probably everyday.

Reactions: hhw
the magic pave feels more satisfying. The flower lace is delicate, I thought I’d be more crazy about it but I’m not. Maybe I could add something like it later on. Right now I want a solid pave piece in my collection. Between the WG and YG....ugh I don’t know:no: the WG is so satisfying and striking, but YG is more practical and I will wear it probably everyday.
that was my dilemma at the store (i knew what i wanted but tried both wg and yg to make 100% sure) the yg was tempting because it was pretty and less loud and slightly less money but at the end of the day, i realized two things; first, my sudden confusion over wg versus yg stemmed from a desire to "shrink"...to somehow be "quieter", (we are talking about pave earrings here so neither is terribly quiet) i loved the wg but tried to silence myself! terrible! and two; when you're spending that much, 1k is not worth the savings. moral of the story- get what you want. the savings isn't worth it (you just waste almost 30k w/ tax in this case on a pair that doesn't even sing to you) and you should never be afraid of getting what you really want.

All are beautiful
Seriously !
The white gold pave are a show stopper !
And if you don’t love the Flowerlace then don’t settle.
I have the Flowerlace pendant which I agonized over between the Flowerlace and the pave Alhambra pendant.
So I understand your dilemma.
The Flowerlace earrings are now on my personal radar. Ironically I find the Flowerlace more casual than the Alhambra.
The photo of you wearing the Flowerlace earrings may just push me over the edge - you wear them well.

Reactions: Anabunny
A question for anyone who has an opinion on this: textbook says round faces should avoid round shaped solid colour earrings and go for longer linear shapes. My feature is on the rounder side. The WG magic's round shape is emphasized because it's so bright, and the size is slightly bigger, whereas the YG has a bead in the middle to break it up, and the contrast of colour make the shaped less full and solid. I've noticed that the WG makes my round face more prominent, whereas the YG not so much. Should I get the YG because of this?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 880 and TankerToad
A question for anyone who has an opinion on this: textbook says round faces should avoid round shaped solid color earrings and go for longer linear shapes. My feature is on the rounder side. The WG magic's round shape is emphasized because it's so bright, and the size is slightly bigger, whereas the YG has a bead in the middle to break it up, and the contrast of color make the shaped less full and solid. I've noticed that the WG makes my round face more prominent, whereas the YG not so much. Should I get the YG because of this?
Honestly you are going to make yourself crazy with this stuff. You need to choose what you just can't get out of your head. I went in to buy the magic white gold pave pendant necklace with coordinates with a lot of my Alhambra collection. I say and tried the Flowerlace and then suddenly I wasn't sure. I thought about it for weeks and chose the Flowerlace. You need to just let this all mull around in your head...Everything VCA makes is so alluring. You cant go wrong with any of these three.

Honestly you are going to make yourself crazy with this stuff. You need to choose what you just can't get out of your head. I went in to buy the magic white gold pave pendant necklace with coordinates with a lot of my Alhambra collection. I say and tried the Flowerlace and then suddenly I wasn't sure. I thought about it for weeks and chose the Flowerlace. You need to just let this all mull around in your head...Everything VCA makes is so alluring. You cant go wrong with any of these three.
Yeah you’re probably right. The decision seems higher stake than it actually is, I fear to make expensive mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DS2006 and hhw
They all look fabulous on you! I guess I'd have to ask, do you have more white metal (wg or platinum) jewelry or more yellow gold? Will you be able to wear the slightly more dressy white gold Magic earrings as much as you'd like? Or will the yg Magic earrings go with enough other jewelry to make them get more wear? These three pair are different enough that I could see having all three. Narrowing it down to one really depends on what your needs are.

They all look fabulous on you! I guess I'd have to ask, do you have more white metal (wg or platinum) jewelry or more yellow gold? Will you be able to wear the slightly more dressy white gold Magic earrings as much as you'd like? Or will the yg Magic earrings go with enough other jewelry to make them get more wear? These three pair are different enough that I could see having all three. Narrowing it down to one really depends on what your needs are.
Thank you:smile: I have more yellow gold jewelry bought in the past, therefore more pieces to match with for everyday. White gold looks better on me, it's a recent realization. I'd be ok wearing the Magic white gold often.

Last edited: