Flower handle on Fendi Peekaboo too much?

Is the flower handle on the fendi peekaboo too much?

• Yes - stick with regular peekaboo

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No - grab this special version of the bag

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

stacy_natalie

Aug 28, 2015
I have had a Fendi peekaboo on my "wish list" for a while but not the most imminent as there are other bags I want more and wasn't really sure of which color or even size I want bc I like "unique" bags and don't want something ordinary just for the sake of getting it. I thought about the Fendace version from the collab with Versace with the print on the interior as I like the "peekaboo" contrast which gave the bag its name and am actually a bit disappointed that newer versions seem to have same color exterior and interior. I saw this version which has same color interior but has these handmade roses on handle. At first I thought beautiful and definitely a stand out but now I also feel it detracts a bit from the otherwise clean design and am wondering if it looks a bit too much. Thoughts please?!

This is the petite size which is smallest size and smaller than the mini. Stock photo but I think I do have one I took in the store as it came in the medium size as well but thought the smaller might be better as could use as a special bag for evening as I wouldn't consider this an everyday bag which the medium lends itself to be in my opinion.

Attachments

• 1700431207866.png
    1700431207866.png
    16 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: A bottle of Red
I think the rose is gorgeous but how do you hold/carry it without smashing the flower petals?
The peekaboos with the Versace print inside looked so beautiful in pictures!
I had that issue with the much larger medium size (only came in those 2 sizes with the flowers) when I tried in store. From what I recall it was awkward and was actually a bit easier on the smaller version. Comes with a crossbody strap also but I didn't care for how the bag looked that way. I suspect if I purchase it will rarely get used (story of my life) but I do think I could make it work on the occasions I used it carrying by hand.

I like the color but dislike the roses on the handle. It’s makes it gimmicky imo
I love the green tea color but the versions without the flowers (mini and small sizes) have gold hardware and I prefer this shade with silver. I am exactly torn between the roses being gorgeous as @A bottle of Red said or gimmicky as you pointed out, hence this thread LOL I do think it's unique but not sure if it's unique in a good way though definitely better on the tiny bag versus the larger one. Thanks for your candid opinion. Hoping others chime in too!

Last edited:
Found the photo I took in store even though lighting looks terrible. I happened to be using a similar colour green bag that day and took photo to compare. Apparently the colors between the 2 different size peekaboo varies bc the petite is lamb and the larger is calf.

Attachments

• 20231106_180803.jpg
    20231106_180803.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 45
I like it, but I think it would make the bag more difficult to wear. You could achieve a similar look by picking up a leather flower Strap You to match a regular Peekaboo :love: they came in short and long varieties!

• Insightful
I did! So funny, I was thinking of sending you a private message. While it seemed an unpopular opinion here, I still liked the bag and thought it was unique. Decided it was worth getting as I could have the flower removed if I ever desired. But a handmade fendi flower totally my style. I have a valentino altelier bag with handmade laser cut leather rose so why not. And flowers must be trending as the newest Jimmy Choo collection has both bags and shoes with leather flowers too! In fact I love the JC bag with leather flowers, it's the newer JC logo hardware i'm not a fan of.

ETA: in Boca, they told me it also came in a white/off-white (can't remember which it was) color at least in the bigger medium size.

Last edited:
  • Love
I did! So funny, I was thinking of sending you a private message. While it seemed an unpopular opinion here, I still liked the bag and thought it was unique. Decided it was worth getting as I could have the flower removed if I ever desired. But a handmade fendi flower totally my style. I have a valentino altelier bag with handmade laser cut leather rose so why not. And flowers must be trending as the newest Jimmy Choo collection has both bags and shoes with leather flowers too! In fact I love the JC bag with leather flowers, it's the newer JC logo hardware i'm not a fan of.

ETA: in Boca, they told me it also came in a white/off-white (can't remember which it was) color at least in the bigger medium size.
Oh awesome I'm glad you got it & love it! I think it's really beautiful
I did not see all the other flower items but that would be nice for spring