Flower bomb by V&R, not good!

Mar 28, 2015
Well I've been trying to fall in love with this scent because I've read so many good reviews on it. Plus i love the bottle (stupid i know) Everytime I go into the store and sample it on a card - and I smell nothing! Not at sephora, bloomingdales, nothing like that. This has happened on many occasions and I always thought well maybe this bottles a little old..

Once I went to Macy's and sampled it and it smelled amazing! I thought "finally! I can take the plunge now and buy a bottle."

The new bottle smelled like nothing to me [emoji84] what the???!!!!

Went today and again, no scent. At all. Does this have to be on skin to make a difference?

(I ended up getting ysl mon Paris and I love it)

Please anyone who owns it let me know if you experienced the same at first or if maybe I'm doing something wrong

Every scent will seem a little different to individual people. Some scents people describe as "subtle" are over-powering to me. Some scents people say are too strong, are very subtle to me. Scents people think are amazing, may not smell great to me. It all depends. In your case, its possible that the scent was a carry over from another perfume and that is why you could smell it (sometimes used sample cards get put back in the batch and will have the scent of another perfume already on the card, or another one that is strong was used in the area before you sampled it.)

I dislike probably 98% of the perfumes I sample. Its rare that one pops out as something I both like and can handle wearing and works well with my own body chemistry. I have a grand total of four scents that I actually will wear. Vanilla extract (or vanilla fields, but it fades faster in my experience), Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture, YSL Black Opium and Clinique Happy. Thats it.

I hate every other Juicy Couture scent, most "vanilla" perfumes don't smell like vanilla to me, can't stand the YSL Opium or the other Clinique scents.

Perfumes are something that you just can *not* go off of reviews on regarding if it smells nice or not. Scent is far, far too individual to one's body chemistry and subjective to one's preferences and sensitivities.

Every scent will seem a little different to individual people. Some scents people describe as "subtle" are over-powering to me. Some scents people say are too strong, are very subtle to me. Scents people think are amazing, may not smell great to me. It all depends. In your case, its possible that the scent was a carry over from another perfume and that is why you could smell it (sometimes used sample cards get put back in the batch and will have the scent of another perfume already on the card, or another one that is strong was used in the area before you sampled it.)

I dislike probably 98% of the perfumes I sample. Its rare that one pops out as something I both like and can handle wearing and works well with my own body chemistry. I have a grand total of four scents that I actually will wear. Vanilla extract (or vanilla fields, but it fades faster in my experience), Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture, YSL Black Opium and Clinique Happy. Thats it.

I hate every other Juicy Couture scent, most "vanilla" perfumes don't smell like vanilla to me, can't stand the YSL Opium or the other Clinique scents.

Perfumes are something that you just can *not* go off of reviews on regarding if it smells nice or not. Scent is far, far too individual to one's body chemistry and subjective to one's preferences and sensitivities.

You're absolutely right.. most likely it was a used sample card and thats why I thought I it was flower bomb.
Its unfortunate that I don't mesh with v&r. I do LOVE both scents you mentioned. I use YSL Black Opium, Lancome La Vie Est Belle, and now YSL Mon Paris.

Clinique happy and D&G Light blue are some of my all time faves :heart:

HUH?
This is my winter fragrance and it is definately strong.
Perhaps go back to Sephora and get a new bottle.
Did you get the Eau de Toilette or the Eau de Parfum?

HUH?
This is my winter fragrance and it is definately strong.
Perhaps go back to Sephora and get a new bottle.
Did you get the Eau de Toilette or the Eau de Parfum?

I didn't pay attention too much to the toilette/parfum but I did use the bottle put on display. It was the typical grenade bottle. Most likely toilette right? Im not sure to be honest.