Florentine Satchel

That's good to know LJ. Thanks for the info. I'm sorry it didn't work on your bag.
My experience is what turned me off the natural vachetta trim, and I consider it a deal breaker generally. The water spots happened the first time I used the bag....while I was out to lunch.... and it wasn't raining. Only good thing about it was that the handbag wasn't very expensive and I no longer crave handbags with that trim (even tho it's beautiful). I have a few others purchased from before that time, and I'm very careful with them.
Maybe if the overall handle color had darkened (suntanned) it wouldn't be as much of an issue and the water spots would have faded. I gave the handbag to a friend who lives in Florida. I'll have to ask her if the handles have suntanned.

My experience is what turned me off the natural vachetta trim, and I consider it a deal breaker generally. The water spots happened the first time I used the bag....while I was out to lunch.... and it wasn't raining. Only good thing about it was that the handbag wasn't very expensive and I no longer crave handbags with that trim (even tho it's beautiful). I have a few others purchased from before that time, and I'm very careful with them.
Maybe if the overall handle color had darkened (suntanned) it wouldn't be as much of an issue and the water spots would have faded. I gave the handbag to a friend who lives in Florida. I'll have to ask her if the handles have suntanned.

I have always been stressed out with this kind of trim. It just feels like it wants to soak up every kind of liquid or dirt. It is cool to see it change though.