Flo leather?

Vicky2

Jul 17, 2017
I have ordered two bags both florentine leather. One from eBay used which looks like brand new with smooth beautiful leather and one directly from Dooney that I think I'm might have to return. :sad: It's a large zip Barlow in florentine leather (elephant) and has lines all across the front and back. Would you be disappointed with this? The florentine I've seen in the stores are so smooth and gorgeous but this bag is pretty pebbled which I would be ok with but the lines bum me out.IMG_0475.JPG IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0477.JPG

I have ordered two bags both florentine leather. One from eBay used which looks like brand new with smooth beautiful leather and one directly from Dooney that I think I'm might have to return. :sad: It's a large zip Barlow in florentine leather (elephant) and has lines all across the front and back. Would you be disappointed with this? The florentine I've seen in the stores are so smooth and gorgeous but this bag is pretty pebbled which I would be ok with but the lines bum me out.View attachment 3783510 View attachment 3783511 View attachment 3783512
I would be bummed too. When I get a new bag in, I want it to look exactly like it does in the store.

I have ordered two bags both florentine leather. One from eBay used which looks like brand new with smooth beautiful leather and one directly from Dooney that I think I'm might have to return. :sad: It's a large zip Barlow in florentine leather (elephant) and has lines all across the front and back. Would you be disappointed with this? The florentine I've seen in the stores are so smooth and gorgeous but this bag is pretty pebbled which I would be ok with but the lines bum me out.View attachment 3783510 View attachment 3783511 View attachment 3783512
I'm usually not a fan of the lines, but for some reason I actually like it on this bag (from what I can see in the pictures). I think it works with this color.

Not sure how you feel about calling outlets and placing a phone order, but I was at the Rehobeth outlet yesterday and they had a GORGEOUS elephant barlow. They would charge you your state sales tax plus $7.50 shipping. Might be worth a call.

Not sure how you feel about calling outlets and placing a phone order, but I was at the Rehobeth outlet yesterday and they had a GORGEOUS elephant barlow. They would charge you your state sales tax plus $7.50 shipping. Might be worth a call.

I am so jealous of you ladies that live near Dooney outlets! I didn't know you could do the phone orders at an outlet. Did you notice the price? I just love the color but I don't think I care for the lines.

I am so jealous of you ladies that live near Dooney outlets! I didn't know you could do the phone orders at an outlet. Did you notice the price? I just love the color but I don't think I care for the lines.

I am about an hour from the PA outlet but Rehobeth was 2.5 hours. I believe they were 40% off retail. You can ask the price if you call.

I order by phone from the outlets often. Just be sure to ask the return policy for the specific item you are ordering . (Most items are returnable for store credit, but not everything). Not everything can be shipped, but when the style and color you want can be, it's a great way to shop.

Have the Dooney item # so you can be sure you are talking about the same handbag. Ask the sales associate to look the bag over carefully and let you know if there are any defects. And tell her if there are specifics you are concerned about.... striping in the dye, unevenness in the pebbling or any pebbling at all, etc. Sometimes they will even send you photos but it's often hard to see the defects in the photos.

Many Florentine handbags seem to have stripes in the dye these days. If they are obvious and on the front of the bag, I don't like them.

Reactions: southernbelle82
Thanks ladies I have learned so much here that will surely cost me money! lol I had no idea I could call an outlet so that is great info and I might try that out soon. I did get a small florentine satchel in black from eBay for a great price that I just love. It had no wear at all.

I thought it was mainly the natural shade of flo that had striping but thats not the case. I am not a fan of obvious stripes but am okay with some variation. I had to send a few natural flo logo locks back to the Q until I found one that didn't bother me.
If you decide to send back, let us know how it goes. I actually think shopping on ebay for florentine is a good idea because you can see the bag you are getting and can ask the seller specific questions. Good luck!

I thought it was mainly the natural shade of flo that had striping but thats not the case. I am not a fan of obvious stripes but am okay with some variation. I had to send a few natural flo logo locks back to the Q until I found one that didn't bother me.
If you decide to send back, let us know how it goes. I actually think shopping on ebay for florentine is a good idea because you can see the bag you are getting and can ask the seller specific questions. Good luck!

I dropped it off at UPS this morning.

Reactions: swags
I just returned it. That was my first order from Dooney.com and I was really surprised they sent it out like that. I've read that might be more of an issue on that style bag in particular so I will try again later.
Florentine in general can be hit or miss, which IMO for all the talking they do about it being their top of the line, shouldn't happen. I once got a mini black satchel that felt and looked like it had scales and had all this white veining between the the scales. I sent it right back. When it comes to florentine I try to buy it in person or off ebay so I see what I am getting, although my new florentine brenna can only be bought from QVC so future colors will be fingers crossed