Flap Wear and Tear

snowbubble

O.G.
Sep 5, 2013
Hello everyone :smile:

Now that I have a little more time on my hands.
I noticed some wear on the interior edges on some of my flap bags. Do you ladies have similar issues on your purses? Do you think this is from over-use? Or the leather is dry due to lack of conditioning?

It seems to be happening on the leather pieces that's more stretched out inside the purse.

Attachments

• IMG_9763.jpg
    IMG_9763.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_9764.jpg
    IMG_9764.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 202
That looks like the paint/ dye came off a bit in small spots. Maybe due to friction or wear? You can try to condition it see if it'll look better and it might help darken those lighter spots. I use Cadillac leather conditioner on all my bags once every few month and so far has had no issues. Hope that helps :smile:

Reactions: snowbubble
Just happens. If it starts to get away from you, you can always have it re-habbed by LeatherPros or Leather Surgeons. They can make that type of thing look brand new. It's a good sign that you are enjoying your bags. :smile:

Ooo thats a good point, this bag is reaching 5-6 years old and gotten lots of use. Its crazy the caviar exterior is still immaculate. I guesss there is no fear in using your items. :smile: