Flap Wear and Tear

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone :smile:

Now that I have a little more time on my hands.
    I noticed some wear on the interior edges on some of my flap bags. Do you ladies have similar issues on your purses? Do you think this is from over-use? Or the leather is dry due to lack of conditioning?

It seems to be happening on the leather pieces that's more stretched out inside the purse.

Attached Files:

2. That looks like the paint/ dye came off a bit in small spots. Maybe due to friction or wear? You can try to condition it see if it'll look better and it might help darken those lighter spots. I use Cadillac leather conditioner on all my bags once every few month and so far has had no issues. Hope that helps :smile:

snowbubble likes this.
  3. :biggrin: I just tried conditioning it a bit, I guess bags are meant to be loved. I used this one quite a bit.

4. Just happens. If it starts to get away from you, you can always have it re-habbed by LeatherPros or Leather Surgeons. They can make that type of thing look brand new. It's a good sign that you are enjoying your bags. :smile:

snowbubble and missconvy like this.
  5. Ooo thats a good point, this bag is reaching 5-6 years old and gotten lots of use. Its crazy the caviar exterior is still immaculate. I guesss there is no fear in using your items. :smile: