Fjord Leather

This is an old thread but I am wondering what is the current "situation" with Fjord?? Has anyone bought a Fjord Birkin 35 recently? Is it heavy, heavier than Clemence (or Togo)? Other opinions about Fjord? I don't see much discussion or pics of Fjord bags, so I am wondering if it is not a popular leather.. I have had a Fjord B35 in my sight but hesitating bc I have only been dealing with Togo Birkins so far.. Thank you for any comments! :flowers:
my SA told me its been rested...it is heavy as compare to other leathers

This is an old thread but I am wondering what is the current "situation" with Fjord?? Has anyone bought a Fjord Birkin 35 recently? Is it heavy, heavier than Clemence (or Togo)? Other opinions about Fjord? I don't see much discussion or pics of Fjord bags, so I am wondering if it is not a popular leather.. I have had a Fjord B35 in my sight but hesitating bc I have only been dealing with Togo Birkins so far.. Thank you for any comments! :flowers:
I got mine 2 years plus ago brand new from the store...it feels like the same weight as my Togo B and looks almost the same but probably sturdier

I got mine 2 years plus ago brand new from the store...it feels like the same weight as my Togo B and looks almost the same but probably sturdier

Ah, this is interesting Powder Puff! Does it mean the new Fjord (or as new as it can be if it is now rested) is lighter than the old one? So you have carried both a lot and don't feel any difference? I would like to carry my B35 several hours if necessary without my arm being tired. With my Togo b35 I can do that (well, would definitely not be my first option if I was reasonable person and chose some other brand with lighter bags, lol!) , so do you think it is the same with "new" Fjord?
Would love to hear from other's owning new Fjord too!

Ah, this is interesting Powder Puff! Does it mean the new Fjord (or as new as it can be if it is now rested) is lighter than the old one? So you have carried both a lot and don't feel any difference? I would like to carry my B35 several hours if necessary without my arm being tired. With my Togo b35 I can do that (well, would definitely not be my first option if I was reasonable person and chose some other brand with lighter bags, lol!) , so do you think it is the same with "new" Fjord?
i have fjord B and i don't find it heavier than togo , even if it was i could not tell the difference and i use it as a work bag
it is a sturdier type of leather and is renowned for its veiny appearence, which I love
To me, fjord is a classic Hermes leather

I don't carry both a whole lot as I find size 35 a bit too heavy nowadays but when I do, it's not a noticeable difference.

Here's a pic of my fjord from my IG

Attachments

• IMG_7985.PNG
    IMG_7985.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
not sure if this may help :smile:

View attachment 3885567

Dear azukitea, thank you, what a beautiful Birkin! Love the veins!

Marron Fonce Fjord Bolide 37, 1991
View attachment 3885576

Thank you for the lovely picture bobkat1991, your Bolide looks so smooshy and just delicious. Love how the color comes out in Fjord!

I don't carry both a whole lot as I find size 35 a bit too heavy nowadays but when I do, it's not a noticeable difference.

Here's a pic of my fjord from my IG

Thank you Powder Puff! What a gorgeous Birkin! :loveeyes: I too am looking for a green Birkin, what is the color is it?

[QUOTE="Nankali, post: 31840773, member
Thank you Powder Puff! What a gorgeous Birkin! :loveeyes: I too am looking for a green Birkin, what is the color is it?[/QUOTE]
Thanks dear, it is Vert Veronese ☺️