Firstie post!!! Just got the large khaki sabrina :-D but a rant about coach...

I think it is good to lurk in a forum for a bit before posting :smile: I am not particularly crazy about the LV Damier but would never post that in the LV forum as I know from lurking most of them love it. It is actually growing on me now...go figure.... But especially I would not for my first post say I bought a Mono speedy which I like and then go on to say I think Damier is ugly!

I am glad you like your bag, but you might want to lurk here a while and see we all have very diverse tastes. Some bags I don't like either, but I usually just refrain from commenting rather than saying so. And I don't want to rain on someone else's parade.

I can see this thread turning ugly fast!

I have to agree with melissatrv. At first I avoided the Coach store because of all the crazy Poppy prints but after joining this forum and seeing other tpfers with poppy bags, they're growing on me. Sometimes we forget that handbags are accessories and they may look blah when you see it posted on a website but when you see a tpfer modeling it...you then go wow, that bag is hot on her.

You know... I am all for people voicing their opinions... No one ever agrees on everything.. Life would be pretty boring if that were the case....

But, the OP certainly showed her age (21) with that post.... WOW...

You know... I am all for people voicing their opinions... No one ever agrees on everything.. Life would be pretty boring if that were the case....

But, the OP certainly showed her age (21) with that post.... WOW...

ouch! I'm 22, and I take serious offense to this statement! ;)

@the OP: I see that you are very opinionated and have no qualms about voicing said opinions. Good for you! Now you just need to work on your delivery.... a lot. I agree with Tammy, you really showed your age in your first post and the posts that followed. It seems to me that it would greatly benefit you to lurk around the forums some before posting again, like melissatrv suggested. This will give you a general idea of the attitude of the Coach subforum, as well as our tolerance level for certain behaviors.

I happen to own an item from the "printed on chain" collection you were talking about. As an artist, it appeals to me on many levels (and I got it at 25% off, so hah!:P) While I don't give a hoot what you think about it, I DO care that you were snide about it, and many of the ladies here are my friends and are more sensitive than me. I think an apology may be in order. It is perfectly okay to have your own opinion. It's even okay to be blunt about it. It is not, however, okay to be rude about it, and basically put others down for having a different opinion from yourself.

On a brighter note: welcome to tpf and congrats on your new sabrina! :smile:

Oh Goodness.... I did NOT mean all 21,22, etc's .... I am meaning this particular 21 yr old is all....

Sorry for the misunderstanding....

I just meant that, when I read some of what she posted (about gagging regarding the chain wristlet, etc)... to me she came across as immature....

That was what I was trying to say.... not that ALL 21, 22, etc are immature....

ouch! I'm 22, and I take serious offense to this statement! ;)

@the OP: I see that you are very opinionated and have no qualms about voicing said opinions. Good for you! Now you just need to work on your delivery.... a lot. I agree with Tammy, you really showed your age in your first post and the posts that followed. It seems to me that it would greatly benefit you to lurk around the forums some before posting again, like melissatrv suggested. This will give you a general idea of the attitude of the Coach subforum, as well as our tolerance level for certain behaviors.

I happen to own an item from the "printed on chain" collection you were talking about. As an artist, it appeals to me on many levels (and I got it at 25% off, so hah!:P) While I don't give a hoot what you think about it, I DO care that you were snide about it, and many of the ladies here are my friends and are more sensitive than me. I think an apology may be in order. It is perfectly okay to have your own opinion. It's even okay to be blunt about it. It is not, however, okay to be rude about it, and basically put others down for having a different opinion from yourself.

On a brighter note: welcome to tpf and congrats on your new sabrina! :smile:

By the way.... VERY WELL WRITTEN for a 22 yr old..

LOL j/k....

VERY WELL WRITTEN... PERIOD!!!!!!!

I'm SO glad that Coach has a wide variety of bags, styles and prints. There's something suitable for all ages and tastes. What I think is classic and timeless, someone else probably thinks is boring and dull.

I FINALLY found the large khaki madison sabrinar it and I couldn't be happier. I never understood why I waited so long, bag that I should have bought two years ago when it came out! I paid 300 but I finally found it nonetheless :smile:

I don't mean to offend anyone so please do not be offended...

But I wanted to ask, is it just me or is a majority of the coach collection really ugly? I can't understand the whole "poppy" bright color graffiti craze and I'm 21! I can understand some designs in bright colors but that gawdd awful scribble bright colored coach writing on a bag?! heck no! Do people really craze over these designs? Or the floppy bags like the brooke? It just doesn't say "I''m different from the 60 dollar random bags on the macy's clearance racks"

Also I cannot believe my "soon to be" mother in law purchased this horrible horrible 80 dollar coin purse that had a PRINTED chain on it... not even a real chain.. it was printed! Just because it said "coach" she loves it?! I remember my friend bringing me back a leather coin purse from mexico that was the same size for ONE PESO! She just spent 80 dollars on something uglier!? 80 is not "much" but it's "much" to carry around your change I would think! For it's size, lack of use, and downright ugliness I gagged when she walked back into the store to purchase it. Why not just do something more worth while with your change than put it in an ugly pink painted chain printed coin purse?

And then the outlets with their noses tucked high that when an obvious reseller comes around all they can do is make snide comments and limit their purchase. This is HILARIOUS because the store would have made the *same* amount of money in a LONGER time span without the reseller buying 20 purses in one day! I can see how the company has established it's sucess with this being one of their... points.. but common! It's no more than Macys or Nordstroms to me in quality of items.

It's a pedestrian company with a huge ego, and it annoys me. Am I super wrong?

But I have my bag and I'm happy. :smile: I've only owned two coach OP handbags so far, about 5 of their watches, and one or two pony tail ties but if I saw the same item sold at my grocery store I'd like it just as much.

Am I nuts?

It sounds like you really do not like Coach - so why in the world did you buy the bag???????????

I'm not sure why the OP has posted. Possibly to cause a disruption or just immaturity. Who knows? It is true that everything about her statement was rude & immature.

To the OP: variety is the spice of life. Luckily we all do not like the same things, be it clothes, bags, etc. If you do not like something, instead of expressing it in such a stark way, kindly say it is not your style or say nothing at all.

I hope that your future postings on the forum will be in a lighter vein.