First purchase... what do you recommend?

Lesl

Aug 16, 2009
Hi!

I'm going to New York in September, and I was seriously thinking of buying something from Louis Vuitton while I was there.

I have a budget of $500. What do you recommend? I realize the LV is pricy anyway, but I don't really want to spend $400-$500 on a tiny wallet... Any ideas?

Also, which store do you recommend I go to? I want the sales associates to treat me like a human being. ;)

Go for a belt or ready-to-wear. if you go to 5th ave., talk to Chris H., he's such an awesome SA. Otherwise, Soho probably has the nicest SA's. 5th Ave is more of a hit and miss, but Chris H is super nice :smile:

What about a pochette accessoires and a key bolt holder to extend the strap? The pochette is $325 and the extender is $130..

I think it's a great little bag/clutch.. and I also use it to store smaller items in my bigger bags... You can go mono, damier ebony or azur! Good luck and show us what you decide on!

my vote is for eva...and fyi, nyc sales tax is pretty high, you could save some $$ by buying elsewhere or buying from a dept store (i think its only dept stores and not boutiques??) and having it shipped home to avoid tax