First or City, for a night out

abitobling

Feb 28, 2007
Any First owners ever take their bags out dancing/worn messenger style on the dance floor? How does that work, look?

Same question for City owners. Not the best use for this bag I know but since I appreciate the extra room I though I'd ask if the City could work for this.

i have brought my city and first for a night out.. i have to say, city was a little akward to dance w/ *_* haahah... and the city is perfect, but i had my white first.. i was getting pretty paranoid!

I think the City is definitely too big for a night on the town. When I go out (which isn't often these days), I prefer to carry just a wristlett. It's just big enough for my esentials.

Probably a matter of personal taste, but when I'm out on the dance floor, I don't want to deal with my bag. I'd find even the First too cumbersome.

i think the firsts would be better for clubbing, i wore them messenger style, because my firsts are fbfs. i've gone once or twice clubbing with my ciyt, i wore them messenger style too, but it's too hassles actually especially because i tend to jumping around all the time when dancing :P

I'd agree the city is too large for a night out. In general I'd think it'd be a bit worrisome to bring bbags to a club cuz you never know if any drunkard will bump into you, scratch your bag, or pour their sticky drink all over it. And at certain places - you'd have to worry about people's cigarettes burning a hole in your bbag and just the lingering cigarette smoke smell afterwards.

I once saw a girl bring her city to a bar/club. It's basically supposed to be a bar, but there was a dance floor and she looked like she was so stressed out the entire time and not able to go out and just dance and enjoy!

I take my black First for a night out, but I usually take my LV mini papillon or pochette to go clubbing. I prefer the smallest bag for clubbing since I only bring my ID, cash, lip gloss, and gum. :party: