First Hermes Purchase and Reveal

mf19

Aug 16, 2012
I recently flew out of Geneva Airport and felt like treating myself due to all the hard work I have been doing at my job. I have always loved Hermes scarves and handbags, but as I am at the beginning of my career a bag certainly isn't in my near future. Nonetheless, I decided to shoot for a scarf - either a maxi twilly or 90 as my reward and the perk of tax free definitely gave me the extra boost :smile:

I went in with a few in mind - I've been a lurker over the years. Some that I liked were: Mythes et Métamorphoses, Fleurs et Papillons de Tissus, Mors et Gourmettes Remix, and De la Mer au Ciel.... definitely more of the complex/busy designs. I was seeking something that had pops of color but was also neutral enough to wear often. Sadly, not much met this description so I was left with mainly 2 to decide from....

And in the end it was Fleurs et Papillions! Bit late I know - can't believe it's been over a year since this one was released! Here's mine in colorway 03.

Photos:

Attachments

• photo 1 (6).JPG
    photo 1 (6).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 975
  • photo 2 (6).JPG
    photo 2 (6).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 979
  • photo 3 (4).JPG
    photo 3 (4).JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 973
  • photo 4 (2).JPG
    photo 4 (2).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 976
  • photo 5 (1).JPG
    photo 5 (1).JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 973
More Photos:

Attachments

• photo 2 (7).JPG
    photo 2 (7).JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 967
  • photo 3 (5).JPG
    photo 3 (5).JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 972
  • photo 4 (3).JPG
    photo 4 (3).JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 964
  • photo 5 (2).JPG
    photo 5 (2).JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 972
Now I sorta need your help! As this was my first scarf I don't really know what to look for to see if it complements my coloring. I'd really appreciate your honest opinions.

Thanks for helping and sharing in my purchase!

Attachments

• photo 1 (7).JPG
    photo 1 (7).JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 939
  • photo 1 (8).JPG
    photo 1 (8).JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 935
  • photo 2 (8).JPG
    photo 2 (8).JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 939
Congratulations! You picked a beautiful design to be your first H scarf! I have this in cw 10. It is one of my go to silks! Your cw will transition between seasons very easily and the color looks superb with your hair and skin coloring! It gets my vote!!:biggrin:

First of all CONGRATS on your first H purchase!!! I know lots of us remember the first item we ever acquired from H! Isn't it just the best feeling to open that first orange box?!?

Second, I think u picked an amazing scarf & cw! It looks amazing with ur skin tone. Love it with the white top-fresh & summery. You could pretty much pair this with ANYTHING & it will look phenomenal!