First Hermes bag purchase: Victoria II, advice on color?

DR2014

Jul 2, 2014
Hi all - I am contemplating buying a Victoria II in Gold, and this will be my first Hermes bag purchase. I thought neutral would be the best way to go, although I am being plagued with second thoughts on the color! I keep thinking maybe I should get red, maybe a dark red. I love the gold too, I think I am just stressing cause this is a big purchase for me... my SA got the gold in for me at the end of last week, and I am taking the weekend to think it through. Any advice? Thank you!

my one and the only victoria II is a gold. its is so easy and go-to bag. great to travel with too. to tell you my story, i got a rouge casque first. i felt it was too flat and went to see a gold thinking a contrast stitching would bring the bag out. and i was right. you can try etoupe as well, contrast stitching works a magic with victoria. but really no rush....you can get a victoria almost anytime; take your time to really want it. good luck!

Reactions: Orangefanatic
I got a Victoria II in juipur rose colour. It's a impulse purchase because the colour is so beautiful. I still love that colour, it's such a bright and pretty colour. However I kinda wish I did get the bag in a more neutral colour such as gold or etoupe or noir etc, just because the design of the bag is very suitable for work, a neutral colour will allow me to take it to client meetings. So imho, any neutral colour you will not regret.

Reactions: Orangefanatic
Hi all - I am contemplating buying a Victoria II in Gold, and this will be my first Hermes bag purchase. I thought neutral would be the best way to go, although I am being plagued with second thoughts on the color! I keep thinking maybe I should get red, maybe a dark red. I love the gold too, I think I am just stressing cause this is a big purchase for me... my SA got the gold in for me at the end of last week, and I am taking the weekend to think it through. Any advice? Thank you!

Prefer this style in neutral colors... gold is a good choice. Agree with honhon that constrast stitching on etopue be gorgeous too. But if you are having second thoughts why not wait for a darker red like rouge grenat... gorgeous neutral red!

Reactions: krawford
I LOVE my Victoria II (mine is blue sapphire). I really don't think you can go wrong with either gold or etoupe as your color choices....both are extremely versatile colors. As someone posted, don't feel you need to rush into the decision, as Victoria's are not that difficult to come by. Maybe go to the store and try it on and see if it makes your heart sing!

I think Gold is a perfect choice.

Go and have a look at it wearing a typical outfit in colours you often wear. If there's a dark red to compare try that too. For me, trying a bag makes up my mind, everything else is hypothetical.

Gold is a really nice choice!! If you can check out Etoupe as well, also very nice. My first Hermes was a Victoria too and I absolutely LOVE it. I have it in the Cafe color which is a very dark brown. It's a great everyday bag.