First Dior bag: Lady Dior, ABCDior, or Saddle?

The lambskin lady Dior bag is clearly a classic (imo), but I love the personalization of the ABCDior. It is somewhat smaller but right now I mainly use a Gucci soho so I don’t really want/need a huge bag. I would do the lady in cream, or the ABCDIOR in cream or blush. I love the saddle bag, but I’m not sure if I want canvas and if it will look super outdated by next season. I would do this one in the canvas print (I think I prefer the other bags for leather).

My other bags are a medium red Gucci dionysus, a small black prada sidonie, and the black Gucci soho.

Thoughts?

Reactions: whyohhjay
The lambskin lady Dior bag is clearly a classic (imo), but I love the personalization of the ABCDior. It is somewhat smaller but right now I mainly use a Gucci soho so I don’t really want/need a huge bag. I would do the lady in cream, or the ABCDIOR in cream or blush. I love the saddle bag, but I’m not sure if I want canvas and if it will look super outdated by next season. I would do this one in the canvas print (I think I prefer the other bags for leather).

My other bags are a medium red Gucci dionysus, a small black prada sidonie, and the black Gucci soho.

Thoughts?

Thank you for starting this thread! I have the same wondering thoughts about Dior and would like someone who has them to give some opinions please! I am really torn between a classic Dior bag and an ABCDior bag as I rly like the customisation feature and the strap being thicker.

As for the saddle bag, I honestly think it’s just a fad and it looks too much like a liver for my liking (I’m in the sciences). Even if it continues for another few years I don’t think it something I’d like. Have you taken a look at the inner compartment?

Thoughts?
Have you tried the ABCDior in person? You can try to see if it fits everything you need to carry. It can fit quite a bit for a bag of that size because it only has one compartment.

I don't think the Saddle bag will look super dated by next season. It has already been out for a few seasons now, and its reintroduction has really solidified it's status as a Dior classic. It has been introduced in the Dior Men range too as its most iconic men's bag, so I doubt the bag will be discontinued anytime soon.

Thank you for starting this thread! I have the same wondering thoughts about Dior and would like someone who has them to give some opinions please! I am really torn between a classic Dior bag and an ABCDior bag as I rly like the customisation feature and the strap being thicker.

As for the saddle bag, I honestly think it’s just a fad and it looks too much like a liver for my liking (I’m in the sciences). Even if it continues for another few years I don’t think it something I’d like. Have you taken a look at the inner compartment?

The Myabcdior is actually a lot more convenient than the medium do to the flap opening as opposed to the zipper closure. You can also see everything inside the bag easily once you open up the flap unlike the zipper. This small size fits all the essentials whilst also being able to transition from day to night easily.

Reactions: whyohhjay
The Myabcdior is actually a lot more convenient than the medium do to the flap opening as opposed to the zipper closure. You can also see everything inside the bag easily once you open up the flap unlike the zipper. This small size fits all the essentials whilst also being able to transition from day to night easily.

Yes! I did notice the flap opening instead of the zip being more convenient, but just wondering about the wear and tear of using the flaps - like what if I’m in a hurry and I pull it a little too hard, will there be scratches etc

I haven’t gotten to see the inside of the Saddle yet (I thought I would quickly be over it but I still love it and picture it w so many outfits). I’m headed the the boutique tomorrow and will hopefully check it out then!

Reactions: MahaM and whyohhjay
Have you tried the ABCDior in person? You can try to see if it fits everything you need to carry. It can fit quite a bit for a bag of that size because it only has one compartment.

I don't think the Saddle bag will look super dated by next season. It has already been out for a few seasons now, and its reintroduction has really solidified it's status as a Dior classic. It has been introduced in the Dior Men range too as its most iconic men's bag, so I doubt the bag will be discontinued anytime soon.

I am going to compare the 3 in person tomorrow, I do think ABCDior will fit everything I need but I didn’t know if it wasn’t as “classic.” I didn’t see the saddle before this season actually (I’m so behind$ but I hope it continues to be popular.

Thank you that’s a great point! Do you think it also looks younger than the lady Dior?

I am going to compare the 3 in person tomorrow, I do think ABCDior will fit everything I need but I didn’t know if it wasn’t as “classic.” I didn’t see the saddle before this season actually (I’m so behind$ but I hope it continues to be popular.

Do take some mod shots! I’m so excited for you (and future me)!!