First Decade of BALENCIAGA Motorcycle Bag History

I have just received my #1 Holy Grail Bag...the one that started my handbag obsession back in 2001. It looks just like the ones given to the models, editors and friends of NG.

It feels like heaven in a handbag, the absolute softest buttery leather, and although it took 14 years for me to find THE ONE for me, I'm over the moon :cloud9: and can say my Balenciaga collection is officially complete!

Here's a pic we just put on instagram:

The Le Dix Balenicaga Paris paper cards tell me more about the Smooth leather that was used in 2001 & early 2002, it's Nappa leather!!! I will update the history pages under Balenciaga @ RDC. Plus I have been developing a theory about the earliest bags (the first 25 produced for the girls) and will share if confirmed.

I'm desperate to find out about your earliest bag theory. The hint must be in the 25 girls.. What did they have in common.....what little soft sac did they need and what did they use it for? If the earliest bags had mirrors, was this originally a makeup bag? Or something more exotic or illegal? Hummmmm.

To search for 14 years, to keep a fire burning, to maintain a comitment as you have to locating and possessing your HG over all those years is stunning. I am so happy for you.
I thought I was vigilant in my search. Not even close.

I have just received my #1 Holy Grail Bag...the one that started my handbag obsession back in 2001. It looks just like the ones given to the models, editors and friends of NG.

It feels like heaven in a handbag, the absolute softest buttery leather, and although it took 14 years for me to find THE ONE for me, I'm over the moon :cloud9: and can say my Balenciaga collection is officially complete!

The Le Dix Balenicaga Paris paper cards tell me more about the Smooth leather that was used in 2001 & early 2002, it's Nappa leather!!! I will update the history pages under Balenciaga @ RDC. Plus I have been developing a theory about the earliest bags (the first 25 produced for the girls) and will share if confirmed.

OMG!!!!!! You did it! You found the HG:graucho: Congratulations, Corey! I am so thrilled that your collection is finally complete:cool: I can't wait to hear your theory on the earliest bags.....ENJOY & thanks for sharing your black beauty with us!

igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-15/1515212_1423011801348405_1303975935_n.jpg

OMG !!! It's just so pristine!! Like brand new!!! Even comes with extra tassels, original dust bag & tags!!!

Congrats & im feeling your excitement & joy ! :biggrin:

igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-15/1515212_1423011801348405_1303975935_n.jpg

WOW!!!:loveeyes::love: Effusive congratulations, Corey!!!:biggrin: I am awe-inspired by your unwavering perseverance!:heart::smile: May you carry her in great health for years to come and enjoy this glorious beauty immensely!:yahoo:

I'm desperate to find out about your earliest bag theory. The hint must be in the 25 girls.. What did they have in common.....what little soft sac did they need and what did they use it for? If the earliest bags had mirrors, was this originally a makeup bag? Or something more exotic or illegal? Hummmmm.

To search for 14 years, to keep a fire burning, to maintain a commitment as you have to locating and possessing your HG over all those years is stunning. I am so happy for you.
I thought I was vigilant in my search. Not even close.

I am still investigating my theory, but I will say the key is in the zippers from the earliest days of prototypes and FBF gifts...1st and 2nd season which has been a reconstructed history and of course things aren't as cut-and-dry as they may first seem.

Congratulations, Corey!!
I think after 14 years of hunting...this bag belongs with you and not anywhere else!!

Can't wait to hear your theory!!! I'm so excited!! She is exactly where she should be!!
[emoji4][emoji4]

After reviewing hundreds of photos we've taken over the last decade, and dozens of Balenciaga bags from the early days on hand, my suspicion has been confirmed.

Early Moto-Bags: Season Determined by Front Zipper Pocket & Interior Branding

Check out the updates: http://www.realdealcollection.com/history_of_bal_moto_bag.html

http://www.realdealcollection.com/bal_01-02_bags.html#top

2001-2002 moto-bag history is close to complete...I just need to add non-moto bags ;o)

Let me know what ya'll think, and if you have pics of 2001 to 2002 Balenciaga bags you'd like to share, please post them here.

For a number of years I've wondered if some "2nd season" bags were truly 1st season, and after all my investigation, I believe the early season "tell" is in the zippers!!

Reactions: cakeymakeybakey
After reviewing hundreds of photos we've taken over the last decade, and dozens of Balenciaga bags from the early days on hand, my suspicion has been confirmed.

Early Moto-Bags: Season Determined by Front Zipper Pocket & Interior Branding

Check out the updates: http://www.realdealcollection.com/history_of_bal_moto_bag.html

http://www.realdealcollection.com/bal_01-02_bags.html#top

2001-2002 moto-bag history is close to complete...I just need to add non-moto bags ;o)

Let me know what ya'll think, and if you have pics of 2001 to 2002 Balenciaga bags you'd like to share, please post them here.

For a number of years I've wondered if some "2nd season" bags were truly 1st season, and after all my investigation, I believe the early season "tell" is in the zippers!!

Wow!! Amazing eye for detail!! Congratulations, Corey!! What fantastic news!!! This is a really, really exciting post [emoji4][emoji4]

Hello lovelies. :wave: I realize I'm a little (2 + yrs ) late on this thread... but I have a question about how set in stone these indicators are for 01-02 fbf's.
I have a caramel chevre season 2 fbf with white "Le Dix Balenciaga Paris" paper tags attached with a gold safety pin and black string and a black dust bag with white BB logo that meets all of these markers that you @RealDealCollection have so graciously and meticulously documented. :tup:
But I also have a black nappa leather fbf with the same white "Le Dix Balenciaga Paris" paper tags attached with a gold safety pin and black string and black dust bag with white BB logo that seems to be a mashup of 01-02 seasons. For example, it has just the regular black zipper pull without tassels on the interior zipper and no mirror, but there is a zipper stop on the front zipper. :confused1: It's pretty much exactly like the one in the following listing, other than that it's literally new with tags.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALENCIAGA-...016417?hash=item489cc84721:g:-BIAAOSwbsBXlnJv

So, my question is... is there wiggle room in these markers? I'd be happy to post pictures but wanted to make sure that this would be the correct thread to do so in before I go all out here. If there is a different thread for me to inquire about this in please let me know. Thanks in advance! :heart:

Last edited:
Hello lovelies. :wave: I realize I'm a little (2 + yrs ) late on this thread... but I have a question about how set in stone these indicators are for 01-02 fbf's.
I have a caramel chevre season 2 fbf with white "Le Dix Balenciaga Paris" paper tags attached with a gold safety pin and black string and a black dust bag with white BB logo that meets all of these markers that you @RealDealCollection have so graciously and meticulously documented. :tup:
But I also have a black nappa leather fbf with the same white "Le Dix Balenciaga Paris" paper tags attached with a gold safety pin and black string and black dust bag with white BB logo that seems to be a mashup of 01-02 seasons. For example, it has just the regular black zipper pull without tassels on the interior zipper and no mirror, but there is a zipper stop on the front zipper. :confused1: It's pretty much exactly like the one in the following listing, other than that it's literally new with tags.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALENCIAGA-...016417?hash=item489cc84721:g:-BIAAOSwbsBXlnJv

So, my question is... is there wiggle room in these markers? I'd be happy to post pictures but wanted to make sure that this would be the correct thread to do so in before I go all out here. If there is a different thread for me to inquire about this in please let me know. Thanks in advance! :heart:

I hope you don't mind if I step in here...I don't know how often Corey checks the PF thread, you may want to try to contact her directly at Real Deal Collection.

Reactions: LouLie