First Chanel !

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I want to get my first Chanel bag. I want a jumbo flap bag in black with silver hardware! I been doing my research but I’m still so confused as to what’s the best way to take care of it. Is it safe to buy a inside organizer to keep its shape? Do I store them inside there dust bag and not in the box? Is it safe to store them just openly with nothing on them? Can I cover the chain with a felt piece of fabric so Theres no in prints on the top of the bag or is tissue paper the best way? How can I put the strap inside the bag? I will appreciate all the tips you guys have for me
    Thank you guys !

2. Store it inside the dust bag outside of the box!

As for the rest I’m not sure about the best storage method but for mine, I keep it laying down stuffed with acid-free silk paper.

I keep mine laying down, since I’m not too worried about flatting the chevron quilt. I store the chain outside of the bag because I don’t want to damage the delicate lambskin lining of the bag.

Priscillapurse likes this.
  3. Thank you!!

4. Inside the dustbag, but outside the bag - totally agree!

You can wrap the chain up like they do in the store when you purchase it, if you like. I personally store mine stuffed with air paper with the chain on the inside. Like I put air paper, then the chain, then more air paper so the chain doesn‘t lie on the bottom of the bag and leave marks there! I also store it standing up

5. I pull the chain into the bag on one side and store standing stuffed with paper as is. No bag, no box because I am lazy and need to get at the bag quick. No issues.

JoeyLouis, Priscillapurse and pjhm like this.
  6. Buy first think later. Things will work out. Good choice btw

7. Just trying to be prepared