First Chanel Bag Opinions

Nov 2, 2012
I'm preparing to get a Chanel bag by the end of 2017 and the budget will probably be $3500. I'm petite (5'2) and I have a small frame. What Chanel would you recommend as a first Chanel bag?

Congrats on planning your first Chanel bag purchase! With a budget of $3500, if you are looking at new you can look into getting a classic square mini or rectangular mini, a wallet on chain, or a seasonal bag. I believe the smallest boy in mini size boy may be within your budget as well, but they rarely released and are exceptionally small (won't hold most cell phones). Of these, my favorite is the rectangular mini. Chanel releases some interesting seasonal bags (some even with leather interior), so you should check out chanel.com and get into a boutique to try some out. Classic Flaps, Reissues/2.55 and other Boys sizes are over $3500 new, but going pre-loved opens more doors for you. If you are looking for something that dresses up and down easily, my personal favorite is the Classic Flap in M/L size. The Reissue/2.55 in either the small (225) or medium (226) are also great for dressing up or down and have the added benefit of the ability to be worn cross body. IMO, Boys have a more casual vibe, but are a great option too if you that is what you are looking for. Good luck with your decision!

Another vote for rectangular mini - suggest a black caviar with gold hardware but these will be hard to find. If not, a wallet on chain black caviar is also very safe. I find these are staple pieces that always work and if it doesn't they are very easy to resell.

Reactions: diamonds2012
Thank you all for the responses! As of now my list consists of the mini, the WOC, and the coco handle. Ideally I would be able to save up enough for a M/L classic flap as it's my dream purse. No matter what happens I know that I will love my Chanel purchase. Do you guys prefer Chevron or classic quilts? Both of them are so beautiful.

Thank you all for the responses! As of now my list consists of the mini, the WOC, and the coco handle. Ideally I would be able to save up enough for a M/L classic flap as it's my dream purse. No matter what happens I know that I will love my Chanel purchase. Do you guys prefer Chevron or classic quilts? Both of them are so beautiful.

How exciting. Chanel bags are like potato chips cant just have one :biggrin:. A classic quilt for your first Chanel in black either in the rectangular mini or square gets my vote. I love chevron but for a first bag I would go classic :flowers:

I'm preparing to get a Chanel bag by the end of 2017 and the budget will probably be $3500. I'm petite (5'2) and I have a small frame. What Chanel would you recommend as a first Chanel bag?

A M/L classic flap in caviar...I know its a bit more but if you troll all the reputable pre-loved sites, you should be able to score one for that price range.