First Birkin.. Orange?

Rami00

O.G.
Feb 1, 2014
OMG I thought this day will never come. My SA is such a sweetheart. He found me an orange Birkin with palladium hardware. What do you guys think of the color? Would it be easy to match?

I am a typical east coast girl. Black, beige and grey wardrobe.

I haven't seen it yet. Please help.....

Silver hardware goes pretty much with everything. Even if you have gold accessories. I do love the Orange color in the grainy grained leathers. Togo, clemence, fjord however I don't like Epsom at all; It peels often.

Orange is very beautiful and a classic H color. You'll be surprised how it goes with everything and can be used all year round. I think in the movie The Proposal, Sandra Bullock carries hers everywhere.

I think Orange w/PHW for a first B is fun and classic. I also think that it will go with a lot if your wardrobe is full of Blacks, Greys and Beige. My wardrobe is pretty much the same and my first was Gold and then Black. Again, love the classics and Orange is definitely one so yes, go for it!! Please do a reveal as soon as you get it!

Congrats! My first birkin was also Orange with PHW (B30 in Swift). To be honest, I knew nothing about H at the time and just took it because I wanted a bright color and my choices were between Orange, Blue Jean and Brown. In retrospect, I am so so glad I ended up with orange because it is the quintessential Hermes color and goes great with neutrals so should go with most of your wardrobe. I have been able to use it for all occasions. Please do a reveal when you get it!

To be honest, my first Hermès bag was a Malachite one. And I'm a typical French guy; black, grey, beige, white, navy. The color makes the first Hermès bag even more unforgettable. GO FOR IT, I swear you won't regret it. :love:

Reactions: J.T.
I'm in the east coast too. My 1st Birkin was given to me by my husband for my birthday. I was surprised because he bought the Candy Bi-color Rose Jaipur w/ Gold interior & GHW. I wanted to trade it in for black/Etoupe. All of my friends, along with the Hermes SA's thought I was crazy. They talked me into keeping it and I'm glad I did.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408062770.185907.jpg

I would say get the orange! The bright color is an eye catcher. You'd be amazed at what you can wear it with. Look on Pinterest and you'll see the orange is extremely versatile. Plus, you can always find a black one in the future.