Finding a holy grail City, Rouge Lipstick

SomethingGoodCanWork

In Clown World on Prison Planet
Feb 10, 2017
I've been pining for a red Balenciaga City for years. I've bought and returned at least two or three other red City:s, all hugely disappointing SNAD:s. I'd kind of let it go, thinking I would never find one as Bal don't make the original City:s anymore and pre-owned in great condition are such rare finds. Especially since I was looking for a particular red, Rouge Lipstick. But some weeks ago I checked eBay by chance, and there it was, a brand new Rouge Lipstick (or Red Lipstick)- and at a fantastic price!

I'm always slightly paranoid about buying fakes, but I know enough to make a rudimentary first authentication from pics, so I bought that bag straight away. There was a little hiccup because the seller gave me some information that didn't check out, but after consulting with a lovely someone special here who's helped me in the past and, after the seller came back to me with correct info, I'm finally claiming this gorgeous gorgeous red City :heart:

As the forum is a bit slow nowadays, and I've been on this Rouge Lipstick quest for so long, I'm giving my bag its own thread :smile: Also, to anyone else looking for holy grail Bals, they are out there, don't give up!

Untitled.png

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

I've been pining for a red Balenciaga City for years. I've bought and returned at least two or three other red City:s, all hugely disappointing SNAD:s. I'd kind of let it go, thinking I would never find one as Bal don't make the original City:s anymore and pre-owned in great condition are such rare finds. Especially since I was looking for a particular red, Rouge Lipstick. But some weeks ago I checked eBay by chance, and there it was, a brand new Rouge Lipstick (or Red Lipstick)- and at a fantastic price!

I'm always slightly paranoid about buying fakes, but I know enough to make a rudimentary first authentication from pics, so I bought that bag straight away. There was a little hiccup because the seller gave me some information that didn't check out, but after consulting with a lovely someone special here who's helped me in the past and, after the seller came back to me with correct info, I'm finally claiming this gorgeous gorgeous red City :heart:

As the forum is a bit slow nowadays, and I've been on this Rouge Lipstick quest for so long, I'm giving my bag its own thread :smile: Also, to anyone else looking for holy grail Bals, they are out there, don't give up!

View attachment 5056979

View attachment 5056980

View attachment 5056981
Glad you’ve finally found your HG bag!

Big Congrats on finally finding your perfect red Bal :smile:. This is absolutely gorgeous and brand new looking. I am a huge fan of this color since I have a Town in it. You will love it and enjoy it for years to come. I love the fact that you never give up on your wishlist items (like your beautiful CC so black wallet, etc) and won’t settle for anything but the perfect/right one. Glad to see you started a separate thread to share this beauty :smile:

Big Congrats on finally finding your perfect red Bal :smile:. This is absolutely gorgeous and brand new looking. I am a huge fan of this color since I have a Town in it. You will love it and enjoy it for years to come. I love the fact that you never give up on your wishlist items (like your beautiful CC so black wallet, etc) and won’t settle for anything but the perfect/right one. Glad to see you started a separate thread to share this beauty :smile:
Thank you :heart: You've been following my red City search here for a few years now, and pics of your Town were part of the reason why I settled on Rouge Lipstick and not one of the other gorgeous Bal reds. This red just really feels right for me.

Yes, it's true, thank you for remembering, I have been able to wait out some items I didn't think I would ever find. I'm grateful for this as they were very much worth the wait.

:hugs:

Reactions: Iamminda

View attachment 5056979

View attachment 5056980

View attachment 5056981
Huge congrats dear SGCW!!! i have also followed with interest your journey to this acquire this AMAZING beautiful Rouge Lipstick City!!!! Your fantastic pics are making me ache for my red City bags that are now all sold.....with my red collection now down to just 2 red Firsts...So happy for you....enjoy this beauty!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Huge congrats dear SGCW!!! i have also followed with interest your journey to this acquire this AMAZING beautiful Rouge Lipstick City!!!! Your fantastic pics are making me ache for my red City bags that are now all sold.....with my red collection now down to just 2 red Firsts...So happy for you....enjoy this beauty!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Thank you :hugs:Isn't it amazing you can still make finds like this?! Makes you wonder how many other unused designer bags are sitting forgotten in closets around the world.

I'm sorry you are missing your City:s but at least you have your Firsts. I think I'm at red bag peace now with this one and that feels good! Although a Red Theater City, in excellent condition... :lol:

• Love
Reactions: Monz1987

View attachment 5056979

View attachment 5056980

View attachment 5056981
Wow!!! :nuts::heart:
Congratulations!! What a gorgeous bag! Love it!