~Finally ready to come over to the "Red side" need advice!~

mrsbagalot1222

"Stethoscopes and Pearls"
O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Hey ladies, so after two years of lurking in the CL forum I have decided I am ready for my first pair of Loubies in the very near future. My heart is set on the Pigalle 120's in nude or black. Now here is my question: do you recommend them as my first pair? I know they are almost 5" tall but its not the height that bothers me. It is the pointy toe box and hearing mixed reviews of it running either too small or too large. I would appreciate any advice from pigalle owners thank you!;)

I think it's a fantastic shoe, the silhouette of that particular style is absolutely wonderful and it's such a classic you can't go wrong with that ! As for the shoe itself I have heard nothing but good reviews and actually for me the shoe itself runs half a size big ! I suggest that you should go to a local store that carries them to make sure that they are the perfect fit for you, just because for me I had to exchange my first pair three different times until I finally was satisfied with the fit. Hope to see your shoes soon !

If this is your first pair of CLs, I probably would not go with the pigalle 120. Sizing wise, they are btw 1 full size to 1/2 size smaller than your CL TTS. These are also a very difficult shoe to walk in. But, it depends on for what purpose you have your heart set on these (gorgeous and sexy, these def are)

I would def try to try on a pair in person. They should feel snug/tight in your toe box because the toe box does stretch, even in patent.

I hope this helps :smile:

If this is your first pair of CLs, I probably would not go with the pigalle 120. Sizing wise, they are btw 1 full size to 1/2 size smaller than your CL TTS. These are also a very difficult shoe to walk in. But, it depends on for what purpose you have your heart set on these (gorgeous and sexy, these def are)

I would def try to try on a pair in person. They should feel snug/tight in your toe box because the toe box does stretch, even in patent.

I hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much I appreciate the opinion, this is not going to be an every day shoe at all I want them as my sexy stepping out shoes. As a mom I don't get many nights like that so they will only be used for special occasions. The heel does not scare me as I wear heels almost everyday but as you mentioned the toe box being tight is worrying me. I have called madison ave and of course they are not answering but hopefully I can get in touch with them and see if they have any in stock. I have been to the Horatio store and don't care for it as much.

I think it's a fantastic shoe, the silhouette of that particular style is absolutely wonderful and it's such a classic you can't go wrong with that ! As for the shoe itself I have heard nothing but good reviews and actually for me the shoe itself runs half a size big ! I suggest that you should go to a local store that carries them to make sure that they are the perfect fit for you, just because for me I had to exchange my first pair three different times until I finally was satisfied with the fit. Hope to see your shoes soon !

Thank you very much for your opinion! I hope to be able to locate them and try them on soon

This was my first CL shoe and I love them! I have the nude and red. I needed to go a 1/2 size bigger than usual. And if you are not use the really high heels it could take a lil to get use to. And although they look fabulous...they aren't really comfortable. (But who's worried about comfort...LOL)

Just called horatio, and they told me Madison has a 36.5 and 37 in nude patent in the 120. They are both sold out of the black patent but they would be able to order from another boutique and ship it to you if you def wanted black patent.

I would advise against getting them as a first pair... I found them insanely difficult to walk in and they absolutely killed my feet. I will never attempt them again.

As a first pair you might want to get something a bit easier to walk in. Simples or Ron Rons, or even Pigalle 100.

I am in no way an expert, but to me, Pigalles are killers! I've got 2 100s and 1 120. I have yet to venture out of the house in them. I would probably visit a boutique and feel out the toe box.

Thank you so much ladies, I really don't like the simples or the Ron Rons the Pigalles 120 have really stuck to me. Thank you MRL so much for getting through about Madisons availability I really want the black but since I may be wooed by the nudes I will go and try them on and if they have a black patent 100 or even a different type of black pigalle I will try them on just to see how the black looks on my feet. Pain is beauty I guess lol. Appreciate all the help!

Black Piggies were my first pair and I LOOOoovved them!! I went a whole size down and I still almost needed a heel grp as well. They take some practise around the house before hitting town for sure, but so worth it. I don't think I've worn a sexier shoe! I purchased the spikes but I am going back to the classic black patents :smile: Good luck!