Finally I got my classic! *Happy*

Did your sales associate say that all the bag models starting with 18 will now have the sturdier caviar leather? or is it just for the flap bag?
Hi, hope I did not get your question wrong. Not all the bag models. I am referring to the classic caviar flap only. If that is what you mean ya :biggrin:

My SA said that they did not receive any news from Paris saying the recent #18 series caviar to be more sturdier, less shiny or less puffy but however they did receive feedback from the customer about this and they agree also aware of this.

Before I bought this classic flap, I read through tpf feedback and found out some said that the #17 and above including #18 mostly looks less puffy and shiny. Any hologram #16 and below all looks perfectly puffy and shiny.

Actually, I am really lost on this because I have seen the #17 in the boutique looks puffy, rich and softer. Also, some tpf reveal on the #18 looks very rich and puffy too. So I am confused about should we really base on the hologram series to judge? Perhaps, we should just walk into the boutique and choose the type we prefer and ignore the series number :P

hi all,
just a quick question for those who know about the #18.. sticker, does the caviar look like the one of the OP??
thanks
Hi, I saw another reveal on the #18 series from one of the tpf members. Hers is more rich and puffy than mine.

Base on my judgement, experienced and comparison.. I think mine was on the middle range. Not very puffy or shiny but also not dull or flat.

As mentioned by me from this post that I was given a #17 series to choose as well but I did not pick up the rich and shiny #17. Maybe just me but I like the mid range puffiness because the more shiny and puffy caviar feel softer. Mine #18 feels very stiff, structured yet with some puffiness. So I pick the #18 one.

Another reveal I saw from the tpf member here, hers was a little flatter than mine and slightly more Matt looking, maybe you could browse through some reveal and u will see the different. I compared mine with another 2 reveal of the classic caviar #18, I think that mine fall on the mid range puffiness and shine. If your looking into a very puffy one, my classic picture in this post definitely not the super puffy one :biggrin:

Hi all, I wish to share my joy and little encounter when picking up my classic jumbo! :graucho:

After hesitating for a month, I finally got my Classic! My love for the bag growing stronger. I have a few seasonal bag but zero classic so I figured that I should have at least one classic!

Also, very sweet of Chanel to send me a birthday card.. I'm totally.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

When I walked into the boutique, my SA show me 2 new piece of the Jumbo caviar. One with the hologram #17 and other was #18 hologram. Both leather looks and feel very different. As discussed before in one of the thread mentioning bad caviar quality for new classic. Mostly feedback about the dull, stiff and matt looking on recent classic.

The #17 I saw in the boutique looks rich, puffy, shiny and softer. The #18 looks stiff, not as shiny and not so puffy. I immediately choose the #17 one obviously (I believe most you gals will make the same choice as me) :P

My SA however told me that the latest classic are more stiff, not as shiny and puffy. She do advised me to take the #18 one because it will keep it shape well for long time. She's helpful enough to show me the older classic display piece (showroom piece) that leaves stretch mark and slightly out of shape on the side due to softer and shiny caviar.

She also mentioned that when you lift the flap lots of time over the years, softer caviar will have more obvious stretch mark on the folding part of the flap (above the back pocket).

Well, I love both and I could accept the #18 classic as it is not really that dead looking caviar so I took her advised. I am happy to share the #18 hologram caviar with everyone. Please enjoy and feel free to input feedback about the #18 caviar.

Note: I took all the picture without flash light.

Thanks for viewing :biggrin:

Lovely! Is the jumbo not too big for a petite person? What's your height? :smile: