Ferragamo's Grace Kelly bag

:bump:
Has anyone seen the new Violette bag, the latest iteration of the classic top handle bag? I assume the Katia is out and the Violette is in. (Can anyone confirm?) This one has a magnetic closure. I'd like to know how well the bag stays closed. I really liked how the Katia integrated the gancio into the closure, but this new style is growing on me too.

I'm bumping this thread since it shows how the style has evolved over the years.

:bump:
Has anyone seen the new Violette bag, the latest iteration of the classic top handle bag? I assume the Katia is out and the Violette is in. (Can anyone confirm?) This one has a magnetic closure. I'd like to know how well the bag stays closed. I really liked how the Katia integrated the gancio into the closure, but this new style is growing on me too.

I'm bumping this thread since it shows how the style has evolved over the years.

Hi
Yes, the Violette is in and the Katya is out...

The closure wasn't magnetic...it's one of those where you need to push a small button upward under the closure to release the flap. It seems very secure and can only be released if the button is pressed. I can't see how that could be accidentally undone.

Presently is comes in red, light grey and a deep charcoal. There is another colour coming...likely orange according to my SA...

The detailing is wonderful and the shoulder strap is the perfect length too! The bag was wonderful to handle and will hold the essential but probably not too much else.

If you get it, might we get a reveal 😀?

Cheers

E x

Hi
Yes, the Violette is in and the Katya is out...

The closure wasn't magnetic...it's one of those where you need to push a small button upward under the closure to release the flap. It seems very secure and can only be released if the button is pressed. I can't see how that could be accidentally undone.

Presently is comes in red, light grey and a deep charcoal. There is another colour coming...likely orange according to my SA...

The detailing is wonderful and the shoulder strap is the perfect length too! The bag was wonderful to handle and will hold the essential but probably not too much else.

If you get it, might we get a reveal 😀?

Cheers

E x

Thank you for this great info! I had no idea the closure worked in this manner. I would be very confident walking around with it knowing it wouldn't come undone. Besides red, I don't have light gray or charcoal in my collection. This is very tempting!

Here is mine. There are two interior compartments. Very roomy!

Not sure if they make them in the smooth leather any more.
Beautiful version! I just bought the same exact bag you posted pix of, and have been hunting around to verify its authenticity, as there do not seem to be many around, with the very squared plate and this style strap hook. Is the strap removable? I am afraid to play with it in case i break it lol.

Beautiful version! I just bought the same exact bag you posted pix of, and have been hunting around to verify its authenticity, as there do not seem to be many around, with the very squared plate and this style strap hook. Is the strap removable? I am afraid to play with it in case i break it lol.
Congratulations! It is removable but not the easiest, as you'd need to retract the hook (I imagine there is an internal spring like mechanism) and then detach the hook.

• Love
Reactions: jbags07
Congratulations! It is removable but not the easiest, as you'd need to retract the hook (I imagine there is an internal spring like mechanism) and then detach the hook.
Thank u! I will post a pic tomro. Hmmm i would live to be able to carry it occasionally w/o the strap attached, but am thinking it might be easier just to leave it on since its tricky to remove. I don’t want to break it! Thank u for your reply :smile:. Such a beautiful bag!

Thank u! I will post a pic tomro. Hmmm i would live to be able to carry it occasionally w/o the strap attached, but am thinking it might be easier just to leave it on since its tricky to remove. I don’t want to break it! Thank u for your reply :smile:. Such a beautiful bag!
If you use both hands, then it is not too bad. In this photo, I am using my right hand to push the pin where the leather strap is, and left hand to hold the rectangle part in place. Then the hook opens fully.

PXL_20230622_023027451.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20230622_023021343.MP~2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: jbags07
If you use both hands, then it is not too bad. In this photo, I am using my right hand to push the pin where the leather strap is, and left hand to hold the rectangle part in place. Then the hook opens fully.

View attachment 5807193

View attachment 5807194
I can’t thank you enough for these pix. I wasn’t doing it the right way, and your pix were perfect, i just successfully removed the strap! thank you very much taking the time to help me :flowers:

Here she is….

IMG_9953.jpeg