Ferragamo Gancio

essential

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I am not very familar with Ferragamo so I'm hoping some of our PFers may help me out. I have seen pics of Gancio before and I haven't thought much of it until I saw it IRL the other day! It was beautiful and I couldn't stop thinking about it ever since. I'm wondering..

1. Is it a classic with Ferragamo or is it this season only?
2. What other colors do it come in?
3. other than leather, I know it comes in ostrich and croc... anything else?

thanks!

I think the Gancio is absolutely timeless, in pretty much every color. My favorite is the magnolia leather. If you are going for the more exotic, then the yellow ostrich leather. I don't think it will ever achieve the "It" bag status, but it's such a classic that you could use forever.

BalenciagaLove said:
I think the Gancio is absolutely timeless, in pretty much every color. My favorite is the magnolia leather. If you are going for the more exotic, then the yellow ostrich leather. I don't think it will ever achieve the "It" bag status, but it's such a classic that you could use forever.

I agree with BalenciagaLove. I have the yellow ostrich and I really enjoy wearing it and adore that bag!:heart:

I know it comes in regular leather, patent, croc, ostrich, and I think also in cloth material like jean if I am not mistaken. Please correct me if I am wrong ladies..:smile:

I just got it in aqua with a lime green interior- I think USCgirl has the same purse. Anyway, it takes on a fun, casual look in the brighter color so this will be nice for summer. I also like Sweetea's and Kat's versions of it. I find it pretty versatile and comfortable to carry.:rolleyes:

I have a black one with silver hardware. I LOVE it! If you are interested in getting one the Ferragamo store at Americana Manhasset has a whole bunch. They also have some in exotic skins. They have the one that Sweetea has, the yellow ostrich, GORGEOUS, and the SA also showed me two python bags. I wasn't too interested in the exotic skins so I did not look any further. You can call the SA and inquire about the bags he has. His name is Allen. His phone number is (516) 365-9765. Let us know what you decide.

That is why I love this forum. You find people with similar taste as yours. I have been searching for this handbag everywhere on the internet. Look-up and joined this forum and find you gals with all the information I need. Thanks for the info.

thanks everyone for their inputs! sounds like this bag has been around for a while and probably will stick around for a long time as well. I heard there is a one in "midnight blue".. that sounds yummy! maybe i'll go to their store sometime next week and see what they got..

kat>> thanks for the ContaCt info... it's muCh appreCiated..

and i guess this brings it to my next question: does ferragamo ever go on sale? i know they do during boxing day beCause i remembered seeing the line up.. how 'bout in the summer time? and also, does this bag ever go on sale? thanks

I got a bargain on mine from Ebay but it had outlet tags on it and had been marked down to $720 previously. It's last season's color.

Attachments

• 6e_1.jpg
    6e_1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 118
  • d7_1.jpg
    d7_1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 106