Fendi Under LVMH (Since 1999)

Fendi was one of my favourite design house in the early 2000s. Think of Carrie in Sex and The City of the early 2000s. I can not stand the series now that I am older. But that's besides the point.

I am taking you back to that time to think back of how Fendi was back then.

Their designs were so fun and amazing. Out of this world. But wearable and useable at the same time. Rare.

LVMH acquired 51% of its shares in 1999.

In my personal opinion, Fendi's designs became rather meh after around mid 2000s.

Fendi's profit is not meh after, I am sure.

LVMH ensured that buy selling the brand instead of their designs, as they do.

I have been away from the "luxury" or "fashion" scene.

Now that I am back looking around because I finally have the time again, I am so disappointed.

I am wondering what is going on with all the brands!

The answer is: LVMH.

What do you think?

Reactions: clydekiwi
I am not old enough to have known Fendi pre-acquisition and my focus on brands is more on the RTW and shoes as opposed to bags, and even men's stuff at that, so my focus and experiences are quite different.
I've started looking at luxury RTW a few years ago and out of all the "mainstream" or more well known brands, I personally have liked and do like Fendi the most. I find other "mainstream" brand ones have a bit too much logo or just generic in design (LV as the main example), and while I do wear Brunello/Loro and love their clothes as well, after a few pieces, I found that I wanted to have a bit of 'quirk' or 'pop' or whatever you may call with some of my other pieces, and I found that Fendi provides that. Their shoes and clothes have a full spectrum of full LOGO EVERYWHERE to no logo, but they also have many pieces that are in between in a style that is unique and different. I'm not saying all their pieces are like that, but they have many that are like that whereas many other brands I've seen are just simple sweatshirts with logo everywhere (LV) or single emblem/logo piece (Prada).
Maybe it was better before, but again, I am more into RTW and shoes than bags, so I'm not 100% sure on the bag front.

Reactions: lotusgirlsf
I am not old enough to have known Fendi pre-acquisition and my focus on brands is more on the RTW and shoes as opposed to bags, and even men's stuff at that, so my focus and experiences are quite different.
I've started looking at luxury RTW a few years ago and out of all the "mainstream" or more well known brands, I personally have liked and do like Fendi the most. I find other "mainstream" brand ones have a bit too much logo or just generic in design (LV as the main example), and while I do wear Brunello/Loro and love their clothes as well, after a few pieces, I found that I wanted to have a bit of 'quirk' or 'pop' or whatever you may call with some of my other pieces, and I found that Fendi provides that. Their shoes and clothes have a full spectrum of full LOGO EVERYWHERE to no logo, but they also have many pieces that are in between in a style that is unique and different. I'm not saying all their pieces are like that, but they have many that are like that whereas many other brands I've seen are just simple sweatshirts with logo everywhere (LV) or single emblem/logo piece (Prada).
Maybe it was better before, but again, I am more into RTW and shoes than bags, so I'm not 100% sure on the bag front.
Fair enough. The only RTW I have ever loved with these designers brands are Dries Van Noten and Tom Ford. Sadly Tom Ford has retired even if his brand is still alive and well after he sold it. Dries Van Noten has also sold but thankfully he is still Creative Director.

I am also getting older and my body is changing which means my wardrobe is changing. So I shy away even more from high end RTW and moved to cottons, rayons, linens, and jeans. No more high heels and more Converse and Birkenstock (Birkenstocks are not the same lately I am not sure why. Not sure if going public has something to do with it. It often does sadly).

Bags are the only thing left for me! :biggrin: