Fendi First Small bag: worth the investment or not?

Fendi First Small bag: worth the investment or not?
These bags look very unique and stylish, but will they still be popular and in style few years from now, or will they look dated and out of style? Are they worth the investment, or is if better to get some other bag instead? Wound you buy and wear this bag? Why or why not? Please help me decide. Would like to hear your opinions on this bag. Thanks a lot. See the pictures below…

C2A696FF-74A2-4A5E-B59F-471EDA6856A8.png

9706CBF1-FB14-4AD3-8E35-673DCB82AB2B.png

AB324DA5-502D-428B-ADAC-376A70973C2B.png

9FA7B5FD-5DB2-43B7-A146-644289D8FB86.png

0D233EB6-EDE6-4D40-8EB7-C7A3AF2BE2AD.png

Reactions: celine666666
I do not have this bag but maybe you can ask on this thread on how people feel about their purchases:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/new-in-fendi-fendi-first.1044275/page-5

Personally I do not consider bags to be an investment. Almost all bags will lose value eventually. It's up to the market and people's opinions on what things hold value (or rise in value) like the Chanel CF and Hermes birkins and kellys.

I actually really love this bag. It is the first Fendi bag that I seriously considered buying.
It has a more minimalistic design that is still unique. The clasp is very clever with the F but is not super in your face or logo-y. The smooth leather gives it an elegant touch that works with the shape. The design as a whole allows it to be worn casually but it can also be worn formally (if small enough).

I have not bought it for a couple reasons:
1) To me, this bag only looks good handheld. The strap is practical and many other people wear it beautifully but I like it best as a clutch. Unfortunately, that means my hand is either going to get tired or my arm is going to be occupied carrying this bag. I generally like to be hands free most of the time or at least have a handle where I can put my wrist through.
2) If I'm carrying it with my hands, I know my nails are going to scratch the smooth leather version. My nails are not long but they are not short either. I'm not a careful person and I don't pick things up with the awareness that I need to pick up a bag gently with the skin of my fingers. I'm a grab and go sort of person and I know myself. I will scratch this bag. :P Therefore, it does not suit my current habits of how I handle my bags.

My MIL has this bag, and she carries it beautifully! When she came over I got to oooo and ahhh over it haha. (She does not use the shoulder strap.)

Random comment, I did buy the Fendi first heeled sandals and I love them!

I do not have this bag but maybe you can ask on this thread on how people feel about their purchases:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/new-in-fendi-fendi-first.1044275/page-5

Personally I do not consider bags to be an investment. Almost all bags will lose value eventually. It's up to the market and people's opinions on what things hold value (or rise in value) like the Chanel CF and Hermes birkins and kellys.

I actually really love this bag. It is the first Fendi bag that I seriously considered buying.
It has a more minimalistic design that is still unique. The clasp is very clever with the F but is not super in your face or logo-y. The smooth leather gives it an elegant touch that works with the shape. The design as a whole allows it to be worn casually but it can also be worn formally (if small enough).

I have not bought it for a couple reasons:
1) To me, this bag only looks good handheld. The strap is practical and many other people wear it beautifully but I like it best as a clutch. Unfortunately, that means my hand is either going to get tired or my arm is going to be occupied carrying this bag. I generally like to be hands free most of the time or at least have a handle where I can put my wrist through.
2) If I'm carrying it with my hands, I know my nails are going to scratch the smooth leather version. My nails are not long but they are not short either. I'm not a careful person and I don't pick things up with the awareness that I need to pick up a bag gently with the skin of my fingers. I'm a grab and go sort of person and I know myself. I will scratch this bag. :P Therefore, it does not suit my current habits of how I handle my bags.

My MIL has this bag, and she carries it beautifully! When she came over I got to oooo and ahhh over it haha. (She does not use the shoulder strap.)

Random comment, I did buy the Fendi first heeled sandals and I love them!
I have this bag in small in light brown with lizard trim. I agree it looks better without the leather strap, but purchased the Fendi gold chain strap and love it with that. I've used it a few times and so far am not seeing issues with wear on the smooth leather.

FYI I got those Fendi first heeled sandals as well.....surprisingly comfortable and easy to walk in!!!! So cool.

I don't have this bag either just because I have enough clutches, but if I was looking for an evening bag (or if I was a more lady-like by day) I would def invest in this bag - in terms of style. It's a totally fabulous piece that cleverly utilises the 'F' without screaming. The leather is first-rate and the colours are TDF. I personally love the Acid Green.

Everything we wear, drive, furnish our homes with goes out of fashion, bag wise even a Peekaboo (or H Kelly) - unless it's in the right size.

I love the shoes too but I have too many unworn heels to even consider.

I don't have this bag either just because I have enough clutches, but if I was looking for an evening bag (or if I was a more lady-like by day) I would def invest in this bag - in terms of style. It's a totally fabulous piece that cleverly utilises the 'F' without screaming. The leather is first-rate and the colours are TDF. I personally love the Acid Green.

Everything we wear, drive, furnish our homes with goes out of fashion, bag wise even a Peekaboo (or H Kelly) - unless it's in the right size.

I love the shoes too but I have too many unworn heels to even consider.
Nooo I just got my peekaboo, it has to stay in style forever ;)

I agree with all that's been said. It's a cleverly designed bag with an interesting shape that makes subtle use of the F. I don't usually care for logos, but this is one I would carry because it is truly part of the structure and design of the bag and was done in a really unique and attractive way.

In one sense, the unique design will make it noticeable by those who know about bags and they will be able to date it and know when it's a few years old, but for most people, chances are good that the bag will look unique and fresh for many, many years to come. The F design assures that it will not be copied by other brands thereby becoming a universal, standard shape. It should remain a unique bag, which makes it timeless in that sense.

Based on my own experience carrying a few bags with unusual shapes or colors, I predict you will get compliments from people who don't usually notice purses/bags just randomly at weddings and in the grocery store, etc. for as long as you own it. People love unusual, beautiful things but are too afraid to wear them themselves, so often are happy to see and compliment others who are brave enough to wear them.

But only get it if you really, really love it. Don't get it if you are just initially attracted to the unique design. Think about it a little while to make sure you won't get sick of it. I know for myself, sometimes I like something just because it isn't something I see all the time. I have to expose myself to something repeatedly to know whether the novelty will wear off or if my appreciation will grow over time.

If I were going to get a Fendi (I don't have any atm) my first would probably be the same as what you're considering, the Fendi First in small or midi size. I like the python and pony versions as well.

I also like the Peekaboo ISeeU and Peekaboo Cut bags. They are more traditional looking while still being interesting. But I really like the unique-to-Fendi look of the First.

I agree with all that's been said. It's a cleverly designed bag with an interesting shape that makes subtle use of the F. I don't usually care for logos, but this is one I would carry because it is truly part of the structure and design of the bag and was done in a really unique and attractive way.

In one sense, the unique design will make it noticeable by those who know about bags and they will be able to date it and know when it's a few years old, but for most people, chances are good that the bag will look unique and fresh for many, many years to come. The F design assures that it will not be copied by other brands thereby becoming a universal, standard shape. It should remain a unique bag, which makes it timeless in that sense.

Based on my own experience carrying a few bags with unusual shapes or colors, I predict you will get compliments from people who don't usually notice purses/bags just randomly at weddings and in the grocery store, etc. for as long as you own it. People love unusual, beautiful things but are too afraid to wear them themselves, so often are happy to see and compliment others who are brave enough to wear them.

But only get it if you really, really love it. Don't get it if you are just initially attracted to the unique design. Think about it a little while to make sure you won't get sick of it. I know for myself, sometimes I like something just because it isn't something I see all the time. I have to expose myself to something repeatedly to know whether the novelty will wear off or if my appreciation will grow over time.

If I were going to get a Fendi (I don't have any atm) my first would probably be the same as what you're considering, the Fendi First in small or midi size. I like the python and pony versions as well.

I also like the Peekaboo ISeeU and Peekaboo Cut bags. They are more traditional looking while still being interesting. But I really like the unique-to-Fendi look of the First.
I totally agree with this view. Very well articulated:smile:. I always wanted to own a Fendi purse but wasn’t able to decide which one. The moment I saw the Fendi First I just knew it was “the one”. Somehow it just ticked every box of appeal, aesthetics and utility. I rarely buy designer purses with the view to resell. So I always think if I will use it forever literally. I think this is a genius piece that might get a loyal following over the years. And they’re doing a great job of small batch refreshes.

Compare it with another bag that you’ve been eyeing and try to think which one you’d enjoy more. That might tell you something. I know that no matter what else I buy I’d like to certainly own one of these.

I’ve not pulled the trigger coz I’m just so confused on the color. My husband has given me an ultimatum to buy one this season …. Haha! luxury is about your own personal comfort and confidence. if it speaks to you go for it.